High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Home depot makita

LittleLebowski

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
If you guys have a veteran buddy, have him go in and buy the saw with Home Depot's veteran's discount. I paid $268 out the door for mine and after I replaced the clutch springs, it's been flawless. I plan to sooner or later, turn it into a 7910 via @Mastermind once I save up enough pennies.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
4:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those 6400 will pull a 28" bar pretty good in hardwood. In all my playing around with 70-85cc the 7900 usually end up the fastest if you stay under 28" bars. The small filter isn't a problem since it has screens in the cover to keep some of the other stuff down and doesn't suck huge chips in like a stihl. I can mill with one for 2 gallons and the filter needs tapped out at the end of the day.

SteveinUT

Have gun - will travel
Local time
2:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
If you guys have a veteran buddy, have him go in and buy the saw with Home Depot's veteran's discount. I paid $268 out the door for mine and after I replaced the clutch springs, it's been flawless. I plan to sooner or later, turn it into a 7910 via @Mastermind once I save up enough pennies.
Thanks! I was wondering if they would give the military discount on these saws. Good deal!

SteveinUT

Have gun - will travel
Local time
2:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Just went to HD today, and while I was there I stopped by the tool rental room. Talked to the guy that runs the rentals and he didn't have any Makitas for sale, but he had a notebook of names and phone numbers of folks, along with what item they are looking for. So, I added my name to the book. He said whenever they put some of their Makitas on sale he'll give me a call. So, maybe I'll manage to score one of the used Makitas finally!

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes 421,if it matters to you, I think all of the new ones are now made in China. The blue 4300 I saw was made in Germany. I’m not sure exactly when they switched.

I liked my 421. I liked it much better ported though.

SteveSS

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Gotcha. I have a 420 already. But I wouldn't mind having a blue one. :smilie-devil:

SteveSS

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'd like to have a 5105 in blue too, but every time I see one for sale I don't have spare saw money.

Troylee

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My first saw. Found it on Ebay. Thought it sounded familiar and asked if they were on AS. Yep, @Warped5 was the seller. Bought it now and drove over that day and got it. It was a HD saw but it had taken a ride down TN way. I believe it was one of @Mastermind earlier 6400's. I sold it to finance the Fox coilovers and control arms for the truck. Should have kept it.

20131206_174546.jpg

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My first saw. Found it on Ebay. Thought it sounded familiar and asked if they were on AS. Yep, @Warped5 was the seller. Bought it now and drove over that day and got it. It was a HD saw but it had taken a ride down TN way. I believe it was one of @Mastermind earlier 6400's. I sold it to finance the Fox coilovers and control arms for the truck. Should have kept it.

View attachment 111123

That was the only 6400 I've ever ported. I went back in it three times looking for gains. I think it came out pretty good.

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Happened to be in HD today... yup they had one... really clean, beat up black (mostly) bar and new crappy tri link chain... $322
Tempting but no fundage and REALLY don't need another saw.... if i send a few down the road i may get one in the future...