High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Home depot makita

SteveinUT

Have gun - will travel
Local time
2:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
That was the only 6400 I've ever ported. I went back in it three times looking for gains. I think it came out pretty good.
Randy- Have you ever done a 4300/421? Just curious because I found an HD that is showing one in stock. Might go pick it up tomorrow if it's not a complete bag of *s-word. I wonder how one would respond to a quality port job? @Mastermind

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
4:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That was my saw and yes Joe does great work. To be honest, I wasn’t very impressed with the saw stock. After joe ported it, it was much nicer to use. The power band was more useful. It had more grunt. It was a nice friendly saw that started well, idles all day long and had great AV.

I ended up with a few 50cc saws that were about the same size (or smaller) that had more grunt. I ended up not using it much after that.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy- Have you ever done a 4300/421? Just curious because I found an HD that is showing one in stock. Might go pick it up tomorrow if it's not a complete bag of *s-word. I wonder how one would respond to a quality port job? @Mastermind

Iirc Carl @Miller Mod Saws can make them suckers run.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Five Makita DCS642120Q, 64cc models w/20" B&C local to me, couple at a Macon HD store which is about a 20 mile drive from me, the other three are a little further drive, about 60-70 miles...all $322/each (if I know me, I could probably get'em down a little). I guarantee ya around here in mid-Ga, they probably ain't beat all to hell and ran to death like in places up north, especially the two in the Macon, Ga HD store.

Last edited:

SteveinUT

Have gun - will travel
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Five Makita DCS642120Q, 64cc models w/20" B&C local to me, couple at a Macon HD store which is about a 20 mile drive from me, the other three are a little further drive, about 60-70 miles...all $322/each (if I know me, I could probably get'em down a little). I guarantee ya around here in mid-Ga, they probably ain't beat all to hell and ran to death like in places up north, especially the two in the Macon, Ga HD store.
I may have to get you to play middle-man in the next couple weeks. All I've found is 4300's, and they are in Vegas. I am going down there this morning and I'll check them out and buy one if they aren't trashed. I can't imagine they are in too bad of shape since there's only 7 or 8 trees in all of Las Vegas.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I may have to get you to play middle-man in the next couple weeks. All I've found is 4300's, and they are in Vegas. I am going down there this morning and I'll check them out and buy one if they aren't trashed. I can't imagine they are in too bad of shape since there's only 7 or 8 trees in all of Las Vegas.
Let me know Steve and I'll drive one afternoon after work, or first thing on a Sat/Sun morning and go check 'em out for ya!

SteveinUT

Have gun - will travel
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I come from a long line of Marines and was born on Camp Lejeune. I broke the mold and went Air Force after my pop's explained to me that an E1 in the Marines makes the same pay as an E1 in the AF. Nothing but respect for my brothers-in-arms in the Marines. I was a convoy commander in Iraq running guntrucks along side lots of Marine convoys. We dodged the same IEDs and lost friends on the same routes.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
. . . he had a notebook of names and phone numbers of folks, along with what item they are looking for.
I bought a few of the Makita electric chainsaws - figured if they hold up to HD rental use, they must be tough saws.

A few years back I stopped at a few locations with tool rentals and added my name to their 'lists'. I got some calls, but unfortunately, was not able to take advantage at those times. It pays to stop in and chat. One of the electric saws was not 'listed', but the manager pulled up his schedule and saw that he had one coming up in a few days, so he sold it to me. Sometimes, they can also throw in extra chains, etc.

That link that @Stihlsmoking posted is really nice (and dangerous!) for seeing things that are posted! Thanks!
https://www.homedepot.com/tool-truck-rental/used-tools/mobile/

Philbert

SteveSS

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
IMG_0243.JPG IMG_0244.JPG

This one was a HD rental saw at one time. I was travelling for work to TN and stopped into the store to inquire. Their saw tech had two of them that he couldn't fix, so he sold them to me for $75.00 each. Brought them home and cleaned the bejeezus of this one, ordered new top plastics, and then a 7910 kit from Mr. Miller and this is how she turned out. Total investment of about $350.00.

SteveinUT

Have gun - will travel
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Quite possibly the cleanest pickup bed I've ever seen. Clean little saw too.
Hahaahaha!!! Yessir! Just bought this truck 2 months ago. You should see the bed of my Dodge. Now IT is filthy. The Dodge is my toy hauler and firewood truck. The Nissan is my new go to work and home truck!

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I bought a few of the Makita electric chainsaws - figured if they hold up to HD rental use, they must be tough saws.

A few years back I stopped at a few locations with tool rentals and added my name to their 'lists'. I got some calls, but unfortunately, was not able to take advantage at those times. It pays to stop in and chat. One of the electric saws was not 'listed', but the manager pulled up his schedule and saw that he had one coming up in a few days, so he sold it to me. Sometimes, they can also throw in extra chains, etc.

That link that @Stihlsmoking posted is really nice (and dangerous!) for seeing things that are posted! Thanks!
https://www.homedepot.com/tool-truck-rental/used-tools/mobile/

Philbert
+1 on the electric saws, I had to have one to repair some timberframe work in a churches loft where it would have been impossible to run gas machine. Bought another since then.
Quiet to, can use in your garage without upsetting HOA.
If that's the kinda place you live...

Stihlsmoking

City Hillbilly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Philbert that’s funny for work every time I had to go to Home Depot I entered through the rental section and looked at what saws was for sale or asked if any going up soon ? Then a young kid working there showed me that link and I was checking daily weekly till it finally passed. Lol