High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Home depot makita

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
5:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
An ex rental just sold the other day on eBay, vury,vury clean and running, sold as running parts saw to garaunteee that "AS IS" status. I believe that it went for $176-178? I hemmed and hawed but alas went no further. I tell you this because if you're not in a rush, you can usually find decent deal's if you pay attention.
As far as Home Depot not going any cheaper, generally you just need to talk to someone different. I don't buy anything substantial from them or most anyone without Presbyterian em down! If you buy quite a bit of junk from em, that carry's a lot of weight, and do you have a HD credit card? If not that will get you another 10% off of your first purchase, but make them give you their best price, before you break that one out.
This was many snows ago but ,I bought a new 6401 from em, when Baily's was selling them for $599 new. I convinced HD how much of a privilege it would be to sell me a 6401 for the grand total of $435. Smackers !!! With 20" bar,and a qt of bar oil and six pack of mix. And that's not even the best deal they have given me...

Jonesy11

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So why is he asking about paying $322 for it and not buying one???!!
Im in the market to buy. I ask questions to learn before pulling the trigger. Its how I lessen the effects of throwing money at saws since I'm not in the industry just a weekend warrior who does occasional tree work. Thanks to everyone for their input. I like to be more informed than the seller when trying to negotiate.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Dolmar Junkie

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Im in the market to buy. I ask questions to learn before pulling the trigger. Its how I lessen the effects of throwing money at saws since I'm not in the industry just a weekend warrior who does occasional tree work. Thanks to everyone for their input. I like to be more informed than the seller when trying to negotiate.

Being an informed consumer, is key to a happy life!
It sucks to find things/problems or reasons you wouldn't have bought it in the first place! Or that you don't like it after the purchase or and this is the most important thing of all, That you left money on the table!Good luck with search! Have you run one of these before?

Jonesy11

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Being an informed consumer, is key to a happy life!
It sucks to find things/problems or reasons you wouldn't have bought it in the first place! Or that you don't like it after the purchase or and this is the most important thing of all, That you left money on the table!Good luck with search! Have you run one of these before?
No, but dying to get my hands on one. All stihl growing up. 036, 044, 009, 020t

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ll pass. The 6421 would need a 7910 top end so I’d end up spending $550- $600 on a rental saw....I did it once before. Shortly after, I saw a clean 7900 one owner for sale on the trading post for close to that.

A $193 - 4300 doesn’t sound too bad though. It’s a blue Dolmar 421

Dolmar Junkie

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
No, but dying to get my hands on one. All stihl growing up. 036, 044, 009, 020t

You will love em!6400-7910= Best ergonomics of any, with power to spare for most application! And OEM79cc upgrde for the inexpensive rental 6421 is hard to beat!
Check out if you haven't already Nates stuff @fordf150 he may have some treasure's, I know that he recently had a blue saw and a nice red top, confident those sold, but could have new trade ins... (Also best place to buy the OEM P&C , or have him build your new landscape truck!)Take it easy and stay safe with yer knew saw...

Dolmar Junkie

Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Not sure of your needs or preferences, but if I didn't imagine the whole thing, @chipper1 had a clean ported 6401-21? for sale, again if I'm not mistaken!

Last edited:

Stihlsmoking

City Hillbilly
Local time
6:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ll pass. The 6421 would need a 7910 top end so I’d end up spending $550- $600 on a rental saw....I did it once before. Shortly after, I saw a clean 7900 one owner for sale on the trading post for close to that.

A $193 - 4300 doesn’t sound too bad though. It’s a blue Dolmar 421
1AB5848C-ABA2-499E-81B3-8FFDAC8C90A0.png

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know they run well, but unless you put the larger P+C in them, I don't think the power to weight will be super impressive. Still, if they give me a deal ...

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I work about 90 minutes from Cincy. Unfortunately, his asking price is what I have for gas/lunch/incidentals 'til next payday. I can do without one of three but not all three!!:confused: