User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But I literally use it in everything...

Like gallons...

I wonder if it is indeed the fuel??

Gotta be something..

Your backpack blower seized using it?
Scored ........... pretty good too, had to get another piston & ring set. Cleaned off the transferr in the cylinder. Didnt touch anything else, never had another problem. Was using it for fall cleanup of leaves when it happened, so it wasnt overheating from hot summer air.

Mayhaps the VP is working against the Lucas ??
Corporate shennagins ?
............ one thing is for certain though Matt, I dont doubt what you are saying at all.

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
Local time
1:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Matt I been having great luck with this stuff
10ccd172dd76de4e8c2d5cdb1b0efc6d.jpg

Sawhawgz, ruining the internet since 2012...
That work good on boots too?

Yeth....multi purpose

Sawhawgz, ruining the internet since 2012...
only used that on meh boots once.
images

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
2016-07-10 07.14.59.jpg
I squirt mix in there to roll it over

2016-07-10 07.20.30.jpg

See the aluminum corrosion ?

2016-07-10 07.20.19.jpg

I just touched the corroded part through the exhaust port

25:1 Lucas with VP SEF

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
12:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sometimes fuel can cause stuff like this, but your using VP, so that shouldnt be an issue.
I cant find a single reason for me tonuse Lucas. To many other good products at the same or lower price point out there.
You should expound on this..

How could fuel cause this..??

In what conditions? What is actually taking place?

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sometimes fuel can cause stuff like this, but your using VP, so that shouldnt be an issue.
I cant find a single reason for me tonuse Lucas. To many other good products at the same or lower price point out there.
I agree .......... mostly because Lucas is the only oil, so far, that has given me problems with it. Every other oil that I have ran, including Lawn Boy (origional) has never given me a lick of trouble. To me, Lucas 2 cycle is the worst I have ever ran
Do you guys really tear down perfectly good running saws???

If it ain't broke, I ain't tearing that *b-word apart...
I'm with you on this Matt ............ most I'll do is pop off the muffler or cover and have a looksie in the exhaust port, sometimes pull the spark plug and look at the top of the piston @ BDC to get a feel for wash on the piston

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you guys really tear down perfectly good running saws???

If it ain't broke, I ain't tearing that *b-word apart...
Glad I took my 550xp apart with about 3 or 4 tanks through it with Supertechniplate. Ring was stuck and if I hadnt looked through the port and noticed the blowby I would have laid that saw down. In the past Ive taken 044, 440, 460, 046, 660, 066 apart to get a visual on what the different oils I was testing were doin. Takes about 5 minutes to pop the topend off one of thoso saws but I dont have time anymore or the desire as Ive settled on about 2 different oils and think little about it now:)

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is there any advantage to using dominator over saber?

I don't see any, the formula may have some anti-friction additives which allows for a lower flash point than Saber, yet retain filmstrength at temperature. On paper Saber looks to be Superior to Dominater, the real world may say otherwise. The big negative I see with Dominator is the lack of corrosion inhibitors.

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You should expound on this..

How could fuel cause this..??

In what conditions? What is actually taking place?
Ethanol attracts moisture and will corrode parts pretty quick. The problem with ethanol is sometimes it doesnt like to stay mixed very well. So the fuel might be 10% ethanol at the pump, but when its in your tank its possible to get a slug of it thats much higher in concentration.

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I don't see any, the formula may have some anti-friction additives which allows for a lower flash point than Saber, yet retain filmstrength at temperature. On paper Saber looks to be Superior to Dominater, the real world may say otherwise. The big negative I see with Dominator is the lack of corrosion inhibitors.
Friction modifiers are not found in two cycle oils.
Most two cycle oils dont have corrosion inhibitors either beyond what protection is offorded by the buffering capacity of calcium and magnesium detergents.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ethanol attracts moisture and will corrode parts pretty quick. The problem with ethanol is sometimes it doesnt like to stay mixed very well. So the fuel might be 10% ethanol at the pump, but when its in your tank its possible to get a slug of it thats much higher in concentration.
I thought you were gonna tell me how a fuel and oil can react to cause some weird electrolysis effect..

Hell, I already knew about ethanol... That's why I don't run it any more.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Friction modifiers are not found in two cycle oils.
Most two cycle oils dont have corrosion inhibitors either beyond what protection is offorded by the buffering capacity of calcium and magnesium detergents.
Agreed, my research has concluded 2 cycle oils (that I have found) do not contain friction modifiers (molybdenum-disulfide). Or at least 2 cycle air cooled engine oils do not.