Grease Monkey Garage

Yukon Stihl

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I love all IDI auto diesels. But the 6.2 is my least favorite due to design. Specifically the timing chain. Usually the 6.2 is disliked 20:1 so everybody is a pretty accurate statement.
I run gears in mine
Never had anything to do with the internationals.
I’m a GM guy had the best luck with GM

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got the Ford all back together, bled the brakes, filled the p/s system, got it ready to roll and fired it up. In the air the p/s system worked flawlessly. On the ground it'll turn left all the way and turn back to the center, but try to turn it right and it'll shriek and not move. If you try to force it the box will start to move and the pressure hose will start straightening out. Regardless of whether it's on the ground or not if you fill it to the full mark while it's running it'll puke a cup or two of the Dex/Merc out as soon as you turn it off. Anyone got any thoughts on wtf is wrong? Maybe a clocking/alignment issue from when we had the box apart?

Nate.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like it’s clocked to one side. The fact that it turns back to center would seem to support that theory. It does seem strange though that it’d work correctly on the lift.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
6:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got the Ford all back together, bled the brakes, filled the p/s system, got it ready to roll and fired it up. In the air the p/s system worked flawlessly. On the ground it'll turn left all the way and turn back to the center, but try to turn it right and it'll shriek and not move. If you try to force it the box will start to move and the pressure hose will start straightening out. Regardless of whether it's on the ground or not if you fill it to the full mark while it's running it'll puke a cup or two of the Dex/Merc out as soon as you turn it off. Anyone got any thoughts on wtf is wrong? Maybe a clocking/alignment issue from when we had the box apart?

Sounds like the seals on the spool valve are damaged and cross feeding to me.
Or, when the suspension is at ride height, something is binding bad.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had that problem in the Camaro, I had to cycle it in the air lock to lock more to get it to stop. That was all brand new steering box and power steering pump with new lines.

And this falll, 8 years later I was doing a spirited drive in some canyon corners, putting a lower lot of load on the steering, everything was working great stop by a friends house, and did a burnout in front of his house, and lost power to the steering, got home and it was low on fluid but now no longer works, so I think I’ve cooked it! Filled it up with fluid re-bled it, and now it is inconsistent, no matter what I do, not sure if it’s the pump or the box now or both

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anybody ever order from fordpartsgiant.com? Their prices seem a little too good to be true. Or Mebbe they're just an overstock type place

alfack

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've ordered from them before. Stay away from Amazon or ebay. Chinese copies of everything out there. Spark plugs coils etc..

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, there's truth in the saying "check the simple things first". Me and my neighbor both had a brain hiccup and didn't remember that you only check the p/s fluid level while it's warm, not while it's running. When it reads full while it isn't running it steers just fine, but I'm going to hunt for a shorter pitman arm since the current one rubs a wee bit. This weekend we're going to double check the brake booster throw because the brakes are a bit soft in his opinion, but as of right now it's drivable!

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, there's truth in the saying "check the simple things first". Me and my neighbor both had a brain hiccup and didn't remember that you only check the p/s fluid level while it's warm, not while it's running. When it reads full while it isn't running it steers just fine, but I'm going to hunt for a shorter pitman arm since the current one rubs a wee bit. This weekend we're going to double check the brake booster throw because the brakes are a bit soft in his opinion, but as of right now it's drivable!
I might have your arm laying around

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Placed my order at the Ford parts place I mentioned. Some things were dirt cheap, others about what you would expect. For example, OEM clutch throwout bearing only $13.00 and pilot bearing $8.00. Napa wants seriously $100 for the same parts which are probably the same thing from the same factory. We shall see I 'spose.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
6:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Placed my order at the Ford parts place I mentioned. Some things were dirt cheap, others about what you would expect. For example, OEM clutch throwout bearing only $13.00 and pilot bearing $8.00. Napa wants seriously $100 for the same parts which are probably the same thing from the same factory. We shall see I 'spose.

Rock auto is your friend. Did you get a slave cylinder too? Replace it while you have it all apart.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I might have your arm laying around
I picked up a few from work, we're gonna try 'em out and pick out the best of the lot. The nice thing about working at a parts store is I get access to online and paper catalogs, I can order whatever the hell I want, they pay me to show up and look up/pick up parts, and they even sell them to me for way cheaper prices!