Dumb things your friends do with saws

deye223

AIR FUEL SPARK VROOOOOM
Local time
7:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have cut with a bloke a couple of times and his idea of 2-stroke fuel is open the fuel tank pick up his 2-stroke oil bottle and just randomly pour a bit oil and then the straight gas and Away he goes that saw is never Intune how he has not smoked it I'll never know and it's a early MS 660 .

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have cut with a bloke a couple of times and his idea of 2-stroke fuel is open the fuel tank pick up his 2-stroke oil bottle and just randomly pour a bit oil and then the straight gas and Away he goes that saw is never Intune how he has not smoked it I'll never know and it's a early MS 660 .

Probably because most folks I know that do that put way too much rather than too little oil in the gas. When I worked on a golf course in high school nobody ever measured 2 stroke oil. Throw in a couple of packs of multimix or just give it a good swig from a quart bottle and away you go.

This was in the days of golf carts with Fuji 2 strokes that would run in either direction. The abuse those things could take from golfers and staff was unreal. More than one ended up in a water hazard!

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
4:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Guy I work with is the same way, could be 30:1 or 130:1. I did finally talk him into the 1 gallon mix bottles so he’s at least close to right

deye223

AIR FUEL SPARK VROOOOOM
Local time
7:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I feel like I'm playing Russian Roulette if I don't measure the oil myself!
I totally agree

Well if we have learned nothing a good quality oil will make a saw survive at 100:1 so you actually can be off by a fair amount on the mix and your saw won’t pay the price

Only if you tune for that 100:1 if you've tuned for 40:1 and then put a 100:1 mix in I don't like your chances

foeke

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I totally agree

Only if you tune for that 100:1 if you've tuned for 40:1 and then put a 100:1 mix in I don't like your chances
Well actually it's just a 1,5 % air fuel ratio difference.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

foeke

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
When people shake there saw around and make faces to make it look like it’s powerful when piss revving it. Always makes me laugh.
I guess I am a more cynical b*****d.
It makes me ponder, are we the supreme beings here? Do you really need to procreate?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk