COVID19 Down Time Activities

a. palmer jr.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was given a bunch of non running Homelite chainsaws and have been spending some time getting them running. I got a little plastic XL running today, of course when things return to normal I don't know what I'll do with them, might make good birthday presents....

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cant just wait for it to dry out instead of using gravel?
I have to fill some deep low spots to safely get in there. I may just make a backstop out of logs in the meantime.

Last edited:

NWWrench

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not chainsaw related but definitely related to the title.
I work at Portland airport as a mechanic and we are on a modified work schedule, I took a drive out on the airfield to check things out. We ended up closing are cross runway just to park planes, we are out of real estate for parking planes.
Crazy stuff, we usally average 60,000 passengers a day and are around 1200 if even that. It will be nice when this passes over. I am fortunate to still be working and my heart goes out to anyone who has been affected by this virus or maybe even lost a family member.
Ryan.20200413_122544.jpg 20200413_122726.jpg

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
12:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have received nothing. I've never gotten anything from the government in any form. No unemployment, no tax refunds, nothing.
Know a few guys that work in C-17’s got their’s deposited in their bank accounts first thing yesterday morning...ain’t seen a penny on my end.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Know a few guys that work in C-17’s got their’s deposited in their bank accounts first thing yesterday morning...ain’t seen a penny on my end.

I've been self employed my whole life. So, the IRS has never deposited anything into my bank account. From what I've read, it might be as long as September before I get anything.

I'm ok though, there are lots of people who need it more. I'd rather see them get something to help tide them over till they get back to work.

Leafy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been self employed my whole life. So, the IRS has never deposited anything into my bank account. From what I've read, it might be as long as September before I get anything.

I'm ok though, there are lots of people who need it more. I'd rather see them get something to help tide them over till they get back to work.

You mean to tell me you estimated your quarterly taxes perfectly/less that $1000 short every year? That's pretty good or your accountant is pretty good.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You mean to tell me you estimated your quarterly taxes perfectly/less that $1000 short every year? That's pretty good or your accountant is pretty good.

Never paid in quarterly. Paid in full at the end of the year every year.

Leafy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never paid in quarterly. Paid in full at the end of the year every year.

? You just ate the underpayment penalty all these years? If you're self employeed/single owner llc you have to pay quarterly taxes or you have to pay the underpayment penalty the same as the rest of us, I guess unless your total tax burden is under 1k per year.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
? You just ate the underpayment penalty all these years? If you're self employeed/single owner llc you have to pay quarterly taxes or you have to pay the underpayment penalty the same as the rest of us, I guess unless your total tax burden is under 1k per year.

I'm a sole proprietor, not an LLC.

I pay over 1K every year.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm actually using it for the intended purpose, too.

Prepping up plans for our remodel that is happening, as soon as the governor lets him resume work.
View attachment 236087

I framed houses for years......and I collected blueprints from the 40s and 50s. When I built our house, I drew the plans after studying those older style plans. There is absolutely no wasted space in those older designs.

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This place was built in about '53. We have pictures of the construction. The main house is 8" cinderblock all the way up to the top plate. Hemlock rafters on top of that. We're taking the whole roof structure off, putting cathedral trusses in, and enclosing the attached carport to make more room for the kids. Hopefully ending up with a bigger living/dining area, plus still having enough room for the kids, and adding a bathroom.