High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Coil gap off fly wheel

Iggy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm working on an MS 270 my uncle sent to a shop recently where they replaced the coil. He said its not running right, warms up and dies. I took it, it starts idles poorly. Checked inside carb, air filter, tank breather, changed fuel, reset carb to factory, and it likes to flood. Checked spark and didn't get any for a while, now I get spark but I'm looking for how far off the flywheel the coil should be, thanks in advance.

ray benson

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm working on an MS 270 my uncle sent to a shop recently where they replaced the coil. He said its not running right, warms up and dies. I took it, it starts idles poorly. Checked inside carb, air filter, tank breather, changed fuel, reset carb to factory, and it likes to flood. Checked spark and didn't get any for a while, now I get spark but I'm looking for how far off the flywheel the coil should be, thanks in advance.
.008" to .012" - .2mm to .3mm

Fish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sounds like the coil is fine, I would go back to that shop and insist they fix it correctly, since they bought a ticket....

Attachments

• ms270 manual.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 4

Fish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Or had your uncle pay for the ticket......

Iggy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I thought about having him take it back but I was already in the saw, wanted the trouble shoot experience and I didn't have any real measurement of gap previous to me loosening it. I just told him not to take it to as shop anymore. It cost him $100+ for a coil

Iggy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I also have another issue I don't believe to be related to the shop. It runs for a bit then dies I think it's going to need a carb kit