Husky 242...and bullet

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
6:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
242 is probleby the last bulletproof design from Husqvarna.
It has a great bottom part, jug &piston&boot. Good oilpump too.

In practical use its probleby the one who goes through most non stop trottle action of them all.

The nornal stuff:
Trottle rod
Red coil wire
Owner swap recoil screws (the long one is supposed to support the AV rubber)
Negotiated pre filter cleaning

What jeg adjustment are are H at the moment?

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
12:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Probly 1 on the Low, and 3/4 H. If I adjust the H any more clockwise it just stumbles or wont run right. If I back it off a little its at 13.5-14. If I continue to richen up its pig rich. I've had those carb screws in all kinds of different positions. The fuel line opening looked a little small for me for such a high revving saw, dont know if that makes a difference or not but I'm done with it. I'm going to build a Jonsered 2055 off a 2054 chassis and see what that does. I dont limb all that much, so the 2055 ought to do the trick. Besides, for the price of a 2055 cylinder and piston, its going to have to do.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And @Tor R , I just replaced trigger and throttle rod. All the stuff you mentioned, been there. Dont know where to go else. But got other projects that need attention. Let this one go to someone who can use it. Its got alot of good/great spare parts, not to mention a good flywheel side bearing.

Charlie65

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hmm, I had a couple of these and had nothing but headaches getting them to run right. Did some real investigation and found that the 200 series and smaller saws were not made by Husky, they are branded saws from Poulan. I don't spend money on 99 dollar special Poulan's, bullets are better.

ny15

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Charlie,
You believe all the 2 series husqvarna’s are rebranded Poulan’s?

Stihlbro

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Probly 1 on the Low, and 3/4 H. If I adjust the H any more clockwise it just stumbles or wont run right. If I back it off a little its at 13.5-14. If I continue to richen up its pig rich. I've had those carb screws in all kinds of different positions. The fuel line opening looked a little small for me for such a high revving saw, dont know if that makes a difference or not but I'm done with it. I'm going to build a Jonsered 2055 off a 2054 chassis and see what that does. I dont limb all that much, so the 2055 ought to do the trick. Besides, for the price of a 2055 cylinder and piston, its going to have to do.

Are you looking for more rpm that the 13.5/14k? Do you have the walbro hda 34a carb?

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
11:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Charlie,
You believe all the 2 series husqvarna’s are rebranded Poulan’s?

I believe @Charlie65 has this confused with the much newer Husqvarna 240, in which case he would be correct.
The older 2xx series saws have 0 to do with Poulan or the other way round.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you looking for more rpm that the 13.5/14k? Do you have the walbro hda 34a carb?
I was looking for the manufacturers rpm limits on it, not 15.5, but closer to 15-15.2. I got a Walbro, as a matter of fact 2, rebuilt 98. Both of them performed the same. Dont need the saw, so putting any more time and effort into something I dont need is unnecessary. so down the road it goes. I hope it serves his needs well, its on to more stuff for me.

Lit1023

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I got a new tank vent, but I forgot to mention that if I pressure the tank up it drops really quick. So I dont think its the tank vent but stranger things have happened. I thought it might be that but the tank vents.

What about under vacuum? You should do a vac test to see that the vent is working proper.

Last edited:

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Is the muffler been modified? Has the saw been modified in any way?

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not modified in any way, unless its a cylinder from another saw on it. Didnt pull it to check bore. Its a Gilardoni cylinder on it. New tank vent, it wont hold vacuum, will hold a little bit of pressure, not much. Dont know how another cylinder on that saw would behave. I guess its a possibility.