dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
HaHa, I thought so by what you posted..
It'll be good to see ya, it's been a few years now..
If you have anymore of those white cleaning sticks you gave me for my CBN grinding wheel, I'll gladly pay ya for em ??

Just bought my first chain grinder but I was a machinist for 40 years, very familiar with CBN. Where do you get them and , holding my breath, how much to they cost? Thanks.

showrguy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just bought my first chain grinder but I was a machinist for 40 years, very familiar with CBN. Where do you get them and , holding my breath, how much to they cost? Thanks.
Cost varies by company, the best I've seen/had are from a company called Radiac (nowadays) the sales Rep. Has a lot to be desired though...
About $190.00 including shipping, for my USG grinder..

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cost varies by company, the best I've seen/had are from a company called Radiac (nowadays) the sales Rep. Has a lot to be desired though...

lol. Not bad, last one I ordered for my grinder at work was $7,500. Glad I wasn't paying for that one.

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Like a dummy I didn't think about a CBN wheel for chains. Did some searching and found a couple sites. Sucks I'll need 2 wheels, one for .325 and 3/8 picco and one for 3/8.

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Forgot, thanks again. Hope to see you at the GTG.

Aciera

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
HaHa, I thought so by what you posted..
It'll be good to see ya, it's been a few years now..
If you have anymore of those white cleaning sticks you gave me for my CBN grinding wheel, I'll gladly pay ya for em ??
Remind me in a week .........
Anybody that listens to an Ol Phart like me about keeping the wheel clean and doesn't say "you don't have to clean a CBN wheel" I'll always try to take care of. Lol

showrguy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Like a dummy I didn't think about a CBN wheel for chains. Did some searching and found a couple sites. Sucks I'll need 2 wheels, one for .325 and 3/8 picco and one for 3/8.
I use the 3/16 wheel fo .325 to .404 < I don't have any tiny chain stuff..
My pole saw uses tiny chain, but a pole saw should never see the dirt.... Right ?/

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Remind me in a week .........
Anybody that listens to an Ol Phart like me about keeping the wheel clean and doesn't say "you don't have to clean a CBN wheel" I'll always try to take care of. Lol

Worked with younger "machinists" that said that about our CBN wheels too. Dumb azz!!!!!

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use the 3/16 wheel fo .325 to .404 < I don't have any tiny chain stuff..
My pole saw uses tiny chain, but a pole saw should never see the dirt.... Right ?/

True on that but my 400's are 3/8 S62 low kickback chain.

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The old GTG rookie needs help. I was going to bring an Ech 400 to race but will there be a micro class to race this in? I looked but somehow can't find the classes. Was told there wasn't this small of a class. Sorry.

Aciera

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The old GTG rookie needs help. I was going to bring an Ech 400 to race but will there be a micro class to race this in? I looked but somehow can't find the classes. Was told there wasn't this small of a class. Sorry.
You are running my saws right........

Uncle Rob.

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You are running my saws right........

Uncle Rob.

Nope, as the old racing saying goes, "Run what ya brung." If I can't run my 400 then I'm just a spectator that just bought 2 91VLX chains to race with that I don't need. Still going to be a good time.