High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

PAST First annual Hawg Days of Summer GTG June 10, 11 and 12th

Who's interested and who is coming for sure?

• Total voters

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Me and @Scotty Overkill were kicking around the idea of having a central PA GTG. And are trying to see if there will be enough interest.
The date we were looking at is June 10, 11 and 12th.

I will be there Friday morning early to help greet/ set up the area.

I am a member of the Blair County Game Fish and Forestry association ( most locals know it as the Riggles Gap Shooting range).

I asked permission from the club to see about having a GTG and permission was granted. If you have intentions of coming to the GTG, you must be a member of FHC or OPE, or accompanied by a member from either site. If you intend on bringing a firearm to the GTG, you must do so legally and be legally allowed to own and operate a firearm. Be aware of interstate laws and regulations when considering bringing a firearm. We are being granted a great gift using this site, so please respect it and it may become a yearly tradition!

The club is situated in the mountains of Central PA in a tight little gap called Riggles Gap. The grounds consist of 500 acres. There is a 25, 50, 75 and 100 yard rifle/ pistol range. 25 and 50 yard muzzle loader range and a 100, 200 and 300 yard rifle range and a pistol range to knock down bowling pins and steel targets.

They also have a skeet and trap range but it will be closed, that is where we will be camping. The camping area is aprox 150 X 150 yards.

We will be cutting and splitting wood for the club because there is a family that lives there year round and they heat with wood. There will be cutting, dragging and hauling logs/wood from the woods. I am going to do my best to try to have a pile logs ready and staged in the camping area. The caretakers said that there is plenty of wood to cut.
They said that anyone helping to cut wood can use the range for free.

Kubota's, 4 wheelers, side by sides and splitters are welcome.

There is a pavilion and a kitchen for use that would be prvided for an extra charge. Porta John's are already there for use.

We were thinking of roasting a pig for the main meat course. Cups plates and plastic ware will be provided.
Eveyone can bring something of their choosing a side, dessert, snacks etc.

So if you're into two strokn', paper pokin' and campfire stokin' good time then let's start the summer off right with some some fun!

Let's hear some feed back for intrest so we can start getting some numbers and a list of what people want to bring.

Blair County Game Fish and Forestry Association.
301 Riggles Gap Sportsmen Rd, Altoona, PA 16601

Last edited:

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
1:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Me and @Scotty Overkill were kicking around the idea of having a central PA GTG. And are trying to see if there will be enough interest.
The date we were looking at is June 10, 11 and 12th.

I will be there Friday morning early to help greet/ set up the area.

I am a member of the Blair County Game Fish and Forestry association ( most locals know it as the Riggles Gap Shooting range).

I asked permission from the club to see about having a GTG and permission was granted.

The club is situated in the mountains of Central PA in a tight little gap called Riggles Gap. The grounds consist of 500 acres. There is a 25, 50, 75 and 100 yard rifle/ pistol range. 25 and 50 yard muzzle loader range and a 100, 200 and 300 yard rifle range and a pistol range to knock down bowling pins and steel targets.

They also have a skeet and trap range but it will be closed, that is where we will be camping. The camping area is aprox 150 X 150 yards.

We will be cutting and splitting wood for the club because there is a family that lives there year round and they heat with wood. There will be cutting, dragging and hauling logs/wood from the woods. I am going to do my best to try to have a pile logs ready and staged in the camping area. The caretakers said that there is plenty of wood to cut.
They said that anyone helping to cut wood can use the range for free.

Kubota's, 4 wheelers, side by sides and splitters are welcome.

There is a pavilion and a kitchen for use that would be prvided for an extra charge. Porta John's are already there for use.

We were thinking of roasting a pig for the main meat course. Cups plates and plastic ware will be provided.
Eveyone can bring a siden dessert, snacks etc.

So if you're into two strokn', paper pokin' and campfire stokin' good time then let's start the summer off right with some some fun!

Let's hear some feed back for intrest so we can start getting some numbers!

Sounds like fun Joe but I won't be in your area till the end of July. And chainsaws in July sounds hot!

41FanForLife

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If anyone has any questions at all feel free to post your questions or you can PM me.

Scotty took care of posting this event over on FHC.
@PA Dan just sent me this. As long as I'm not teaching i should be there. How's Caleb doing? Is he still working?

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here is a screen shot of the address.
@PA Dan just sent me this. As long as I'm not teaching i should be there. How's Caleb doing? Is he still working?

Caleb is doing well. He's still down at Penn State working on the weight room project for the football players.

Right now he's the only welder on the job and he has to weld 300 shoring plates. They said that he'll just be paid his regular apprentice rate even accordingto the BA (someone either doesn'tknow the rules or was standingbehind rhe company). He knew that wasn't right and every guy on the job stuck up for him and the retired BA was called and said that he does deserve to get the extra rate for welding.
It was all straightened out and he's now getting paid what he deserves.

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Joe, I wonder if this would get moar action in the GTG sub forum in Chainsaws? Mods would move it at your request. Just thinking out loud. I’m really looking forward to this! Sounds like a fantastic time!

It doesn't matter to me. I am not a very technologically advanced person and wasn't sure where to put it. I just saw events and thought that looked like a good place for it.

@Definitive Dave any ideas? If you can move this where you think it would serve best. Like what Duane mentioned. GTG sub forum in chainsaws.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Joe, I wonder if this would get moar action in the GTG sub forum in Chainsaws? Mods would move it at your request. Just thinking out loud. I’m really looking forward to this! Sounds like a fantastic time!
Moved it.

Sounds like a gooder time. I’m a solid maybe…

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was a hard choice Duane between your gtg or your neighbor's. Late spring is always super busy for me. And getting time off would be a struggle for sure.
It’s good to have options. I’m just glad we can resume being together and doing something we all like to do. My GTG is a glorified picnic in the woods. I really started having it just because so many were canceled. It has been pretty low key. I think people seem to be content to eat, drink and be merry! Chainsaws are a side show.

Last edited: