High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

UPCOMING Central PA Hawg Days GTG June 7th, 8th and 9th 2024

RSVP  Print

Event start date: Friday 07-06-2024
Event end date: Sunday 09-06-2024
Username Guest count Note
NateSaw NateSaw 1 Bet your a** I'll be there!

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello all, I hope that everyone had a blessed Christmas and a happy new year.

It looks like me and Scotty are gonna be hosting another GTG again this year back at the Blair County Game Fish and Forestry sportsman's club again in central PA.

The dates are cleared and set with the club and locked in.

JUNE 7th, 8th and 9th

I am just getting the word out now so everyone can start making preparations.

More info will be to follow, stay tuned!

This will also be posted on FHC.
* When casting your vote please only vote on one site or the other so we can get a more accurate count.

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This year's GTG are going to be like the last two that we've had.

Blair County Game Fish and Foresty
301 Riggles Gap Sportsmen Rd, Altoona, PA 16601

I have also included the website (no title)

Anyone attending the GTG please make sure that you check in at the clubhouse when you arrive!

People can start arriving on Friday morning (because they shoot trap on Thursdays) who will be camping on site. The back road will be open to the trap range as it it easier to get campers up that road. Signs will be out directing people at usual.

Plates, napkins, plastic ware and cups will be provided.
There is good cold spring water that is always running for water if you'd like to bring your own containers.

Food/ meals that will be provided:

Friday 8th Supper: will be planning on pizza (hopefully at Scotty Overkill's again)! If not we can order out.

Saturday 9th
Breakfast:
Eggs, apple sausage, bacon and fried potatoes.

Lunch: (provided by the club) hamburgers, hot dogs and maybe some of there ox roast sandwiches that they had last year.

Supper: brisket, chicken, pulled pork.

Sunday is the farwell day. Any leftover food will be in the cooler's in the outdoor kitchen and you can feel free to get some food on the go if you wish.

Alcohol is allowed after hours and must stay on the trap range as long as it doesn't get out of control and only when the guns are away and the work is done for the day.

4 wheelers, side by sides are welcome as long as you check with the club to see what trails that you are allowed to ride on as long as you don't tear the place up.

Extra splitters and tractors/ machines to help with the work are welcome

Anyone who is a part of the GTG and helping to cut and split wood is allowed to shoot on the range for free.

We will be planning on having a raffle again.

I will be making a post for the raffle donations and a separate post for a food list and people can add to those posts. I will keep both list updated on both sites.

Don't forget to bring your favorite firearms!

Let's all have a good time get some work done and enjoy everyone's company as we always do!

NateSaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello all, I hope that everyone had a blessed Christmas and a happy new year.

It looks like me and Scotty are gonna be hosting another GTG again this year back at the Blair County Game Fish and Forestry sportsman's club again in central PA.

The dates are cleared and set with the club and locked in.

JUNE 7th, 8th and 9th

I am just getting the word out now so everyone can start making preparations.

More info will be to follow, stay tuned!

This will also be posted on FHC.
* When casting your vote please only vote on one site or the other so we can get a more accurate count.
Yesssss!

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well so far off to a decent start with gathering some wood. Met my buddy Rusty (the guy that made the turkey call for last years raffle) back at the club today after work. We dropped about 12 trees but only around 9 were usable for firewood (the other's were pretty rotted) and got all the logs dragged up to the log pile.
I was surprised to see there was actually still some logs left there from last years GTG and probably at least a dump truck load that was cut and still needs split.
I am gonna try to get as nice of a pile as possible not sure how much really big stuff that I'll be able to get.
I know that I was talking to Rick last week and he mentioned about dropping some big tree's down up on the high power range (100 to 300 yard range) because some of the branches are really hanging out and you can't see the 300 yard range as well. So even if we don't have a big log pile we should still be able to have fun dropping some big tree's and gathering more logs.

NateSaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will wear my official n8 factory shirt. Can't wait to see you buddy. You still messing with the square filing by hand?
It'll be good to see you brother! No, I kind of temporarily abandoned that. I've been so busy building and running saws... Good Ole round is all I've had time for.