Carhartt

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
King,
You got the idea. 5 gal pails wld be a nice size also. When I worked on the dairy farm we did the same thing with the used oil. What part of Tioga are you in? I was just up there for the last cpl days of flint season. Heard you got some white stuff the other night.

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
King,
You got the idea. 5 gal pails wld be a nice size also. When I worked on the dairy farm we did the same thing with the used oil. What part of Tioga are you in? I was just up there for the last cpl days of flint season. Heard you got some white stuff the other night.

Carhartt,

I'm in the southeastern corner - not far from Canton or Liberty, kind of in between. Plenty of the white stuff here. Even with rain and warm temps the last 2 days, it's still white. Could have used it for flintlock season, for sure. Where did you hunt?

Carhartt

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
North of Knoxville, Austinburg actually. Amazing how different the weather is up there than down in these parts.

Carhartt

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I noticed my TS has it on sale for 6.00 plus tax a gallon. Id be pretty sure that is very hard to beat, even in bulk size price. I guess I will just buy cases of it and stock up. I cant imagine you will ever find oil and a jug to put it in for that price.

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
7:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I noticed my TS has it on sale for 6.00 plus tax a gallon. Id be pretty sure that is very hard to beat, even in bulk size price. I guess I will just buy cases of it and stock up. I cant imagine you will ever find oil and a jug to put it in for that price.
That is cheaper then cost for me through husqvarna.

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Funny how oil didn't drop much at all when crude when way down .

You have to watch what bar oil you get , some is so thick and gummy it won't pump well and I'm pretty sure when someone is complaining their saw isn't oiling well they don't consider the oil as an issue which it often is .

TSC stores may have bar oil in bulk available if you ask .

Carhartt

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I asked TS before about bulk bar oil and the answer I got was same price no matter how many gallons I bought. I am pretty sure I asked about 5 gal or bigger and said they didn't have it, but I can try again. I got a decent discount price for Orange jug of Stihl bar oil from my Stihl dealer but its still twice as much as TS oil.

super3

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Menards runs a special several times a year.

2000ssm6

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
TSC here, $6 a gallon on sale.