Whitty21

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice looking build so far.

I am with Doc on this one. Bit of Muriatic on a q-tip is great to loosen up the transfer, but like he also said, its a great indicator that there is still some aluminum hanging around. Just where some gloves. If you have a respirator if you have one, or be careful with the bottle.

I have a magnum at the house, They have some impressive torque and they have a nice grunty sound to them

BrokenSVT

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm looking to snag fuel and impulse lines for this gem. I may break down and order one of the Chinese rubber kits and call it good. :)

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
10:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm looking to snag fuel and impulse lines for this gem. I may break down and order one of the Chinese rubber kits and call it good. :)
The Huztl fuel line is OK for the 038, they do not kink over on the 038 and I have had mine in a tank with fuel all summer and it's still hasn't degraded or perished. I just used the correct width Tygon for the impulse too.

BrokenSVT

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's really good to hear! Thank you. I'll try to track one down so I can get started asap.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You should be able to find a genuine fuel line for an 038 instead of trying to make one .Believe me an OEM line is much better . I went that route on a Husky 2100 and after it ignited on me I saw the error of my ways .

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
10:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You should be able to find a genuine fuel line for an 038 instead of trying to make one .Believe me an OEM line is much better . I went that route on a Husky 2100 and after it ignited on me I saw the error of my ways .
obvs it would be better to use OEM, but the Huztl ones are formed for the 038 and apart from the fact that they use glossy rubber they are a decent replica. I am not a supported of Huztl they send out some crap but this hose is fine and like $2.

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
2:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yikes!!
How’s this one coming along?

BrokenSVT

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yikes!!
How’s this one coming along?

It's just sitting on the workbench currently. Since getting it, I've gotten my Lone Wolf 200t and MOFO 036. My saw itch is scratched for a while lol.

I also picked up all that climbing gear, so have other toys to tinker with.

If I come across OEM lines, I'll get back on it.