bulletpruf

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a very nice 038 Magnum II that I bought a few weeks ago from the original owner. It was running when I got it, but desperately needed a bath and some TLC.

I replaced the fuel line and impulse line, installed new Caber rings, took .020" off the crank key to advance the ignition timing a bit, enlarged the holes in the muffler baffle and added a port so it's now a triple port, rebuilt the carburetor, installed a few small NOS bits (air filter cover knob and a few other items), added aftermarket felling dogs, NOS Stihl roller chain catcher, aftermarket 3/4 wrap (made for an 044, but just needs a slight bend to work), and aftermarket tank guard. Everything was disassembled, cleaned, and lubed as needed. I did not split the case.

Piston and jug are in excellent condition - piston still has factory machining marks.

It's tuned to factory specs -- four strokes at WOT (about 12,500 rpm; it'll do more if you lean it out some), idles at 2,300, etc.

I spent waaaayyyy too much time cleaning this saw; it's immaculate. Attacked it with dental picks, toothbrush, q-tip, etc.

Has a 3/8 rim drive sprocket.

$600 obo + shipping. Power head only (no bar/chain). Offering here before it hits the auction block.

Trades considered for 066, 076/076, or 084/088. Project saws are fine. Not interested in trading unless you're an established member here.
IMG_8109.jpg IMG_8108.jpg IMG_8107.jpg IMG_8106.jpg IMG_8115.jpg

Last edited: