Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
5:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I completely went through this saw a couple months ago. Has approximately 15-20 tanks of fuel on it since the rebuild. It has an oem dual port muffler that I opened up a little. I also did an ignition advance.
1309 coil
D chamber jug.
The jug had some transfer I cleaned off. It has a couple very light marks in the plating. The marks can’t be felt and just appear as shiny lines. Nothing I’d ever worry about.
The decomp is plugged but I can put one in if wanted
List of new parts
-crank bearings
-gaskets and seals
-piston kit and wrist pin bearing
-impulse line
-fuel line and filter
-rebuilt HD-15 carb
-grommet for carb screws
-proper 046 dual felling spikes
-7T 3/8 rim
-ngk spark plug
Possibly more new parts that I can’t remember. I wanna say I put a new intake manifold on it but I’m not 100% positive if I did or not.
Everything is oem except for the SKF 6202 C3 flywheel side bearing.

I don’t have a pic but the comp blows 155-160 when I last checked it.

The saw runs strong and everything functions as it should.

Asking $700 USD plus shipping from Canada
The saw could be ported for a little more $ if the buyer wanted.

Last edited:

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I never have figured out why the 046 never got the love that the 044 did. It's a superior machine in many respects and the 046 for me is still a better saw than the MS-460 and MS-440.
Agreed. The 046 is a solid saw. They’re built for and handle longer bars really well. Lots of grunt for the size.

ManiacalMark

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I never have figured out why the 046 never got the love that the 044 did. It's a superior machine in many respects and the 046 for me is still a better saw than the MS-460 and MS-440.

I’ll never sell mine and I just put another hard mount on it for long bars to stiffen it up. 046 and 461 are 2 of my favorites. Only thing I hate is the outer dog has to be for one of them and doesn’t interchange with other models.

whitesnake

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why is the 046 superior to a 460? Flippy caps? Lol

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
2:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why is the 046 superior to a 460? Flippy caps? Lol

Better carburetor, coil, cylinder, muffler, and tank. The 1309 coil in the 046 is the strongest coil for the polymer flywheel motors. The carb had screw-in jets and you could go all the way up to a #74. The cylinder made more compression stock and had better port timing. They came stock with the dual-port muffler and the outlet on the muffler body was much bigger and it was an open can. The tank had more capacity and wasn't as brittle.

The HD oiler you could get on the later saws is definitely a superior part but it wasn't available on the 046.

ManiacalMark

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Better carburetor, coil, cylinder, muffler, and tank. The 1309 coil in the 046 is the strongest coil for the polymer flywheel motors. The carb had screw-in jets and you could go all the way up to a #74. The cylinder made more compression stock and had better port timing. They came stock with the dual-port muffler and the outlet on the muffler body was much bigger and it was an open can. The tank had more capacity and wasn't as brittle.

The HD oiler you could get on the later saws is definitely a superior part but it wasn't available on the 046.

Are both 1309 coils the same? 1128/1124