Local time
6:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Model 19-3, circa 1975.

Bottom is a WW2 M1911A1 made in 1943.

Both choot awesome.

Ahh yes I see the subtle differences now that I dug a picture up. This is a Ruger security six circa. late 70s/early 80s.
IMG_1084.JPG

Muad

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Excellent revolver, a lot of hot loads can be hard on the action, with reasonable ones however, it will last a long time was the warning I received way back when.

Have heard that. Also heard only to shoot heavier .357 loads, stay away from light fast loads.

I plan to shoot mostly .38spl, and I just got some 180gr molds in to play with a hunting load.

Need to find some 296, I have 231 for now.

sledneck22

But, is the chain sharp?
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Huge .45acp fan. Hence my love for 1911s.
Yeah I have a s&m .45 acp single stack that I CC. Love that little gun. But the accuracy frustrates me after shooting that revolver. I shot that doe with hornaday 180 gr hollow points. Dropped her dead in her tracks. As anything should with a head shot I suppose. But they’re pretty accurate. Half a small Paper plate consistency at 50 yards.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Excellent revolver, a lot of hot loads can be hard on the action, with reasonable ones however, it will last a long time was the warning I received way back when.
Good advice. The medium frame .357's (S&W K frame and Ruger six series guns) don't handle a steady diet of heavily loaded .357's very well.

I hot loaded my 19-3 with Win 296 and had to send it back to the factory... one reason I switched to .45ACP. Bigger hole &.
WW 296 or H110 loaded heavy with light bullets, will eat the forcing cone out of a barrel.

Have heard that. Also heard only to shoot heavier .357 loads, stay away from light fast loads.

I plan to shoot mostly .38spl, and I just got some 180gr molds in to play with a hunting load.

Need to find some 296, I have 231 for now.
I've found that Alliant 2400 will do just about anything you need in upper mid range .357 loads. For lighter loads, Unique works well and for target loads in .38 spec, Alliant bullseye, WW 231 or Hodgdon Tite group.

Last edited:

Muad

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good advice. The medium frame .357's (S&W K frame and Ruger six series guns) don't handle a steady diet of heavily loaded .357's very well.

WW 296 or H110 loaded heavy with light bullets, will eat the forcing come out of a barrel.

I've found that Alliant 2400 will do just about anything you need in upper mid range .357 loads. For lighter loads, Unique works well and for target loads in .38 spec, Alliant bullseye, WW 231 or Hodgdon Tite group.

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping I find some loads that both the M19 and the Henry like equally; so I can just load'em up and grab'em, no matter which gun I grab.

Brush Ape

Direct Connection
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The good Lord teaches me to ….blah blah blah.

Jesus H. Malmsteen which part of no politics or religion do you still misunderstand?? I’m calling BS on this guy. Copy and paste.

When someone comes in with apparently a bottomless checking account and starts buying up everything good….home brewing, woodworking, guys teaching each other how to build engines, fix 4x4s and chainsaws, hunt, fish and grow their own food etc.., do you buy into the fact that they are trying to create ad revenue from the same steady crowd they are trying to eliminate? Open your eyes my sheeple.
Where AS is concerned, it is like a lot like life if you have the time to wait, it is always best to let the enemy destroy himself. From their view though, they know the time is short and the sooner they can get rid of you, the faster they can crank it up a couple notches.

Muad

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Jesus H. Malmsteen which part of no politics or religion do you still misunderstand?? I’m calling BS on this guy. Copy and paste.

When someone comes in with apparently a bottomless checking account and starts buying up everything good….home brewing, woodworking, guys teaching each other how to build engines, fix 4x4s and chainsaws, hunt, fish and grow their own food etc.., do you buy into the fact that they are trying to create ad revenue from the same steady crowd they are trying to eliminate? Open your eyes my sheeple.
Where AS is concerned, it is like a lot like life if you have the time to wait, it is always best to let the enemy destroy himself. From their view though, they know the time is short and the sooner they can get rid of you, the faster they can crank it up a couple notches.

Calling BS on what?

Muad

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One more thing there is a vast difference between the dual concepts of God and Country and their polar opposites religion and government.

God and Country are based on facts. Religion and government based on opinion.

I can agree with those sentiments.

I even have the bumper sticker:
DE4D2F81-2F6F-4EB7-955B-49633745C84E.jpeg

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought that something must have changed at Arboristsite as for the past week I've been receiving daily e-mails from AS entitled, "Yesterday's Forum Activity". I'll have to delegate these and future e-mails from AS to the spam folder where they properly belong. Jeez!!!
Me too...hmm:rolleyes: