High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Any miracle way of sorting stripped screw threads in casing...

teacherman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep I get mufflers etc coming loose I bought a 2150 that had burn damage to the muffler. Decent thread lock/loctite solves this. But on plastic parts you can pretty much tell when they're torqued down enough. But to allow the threads to strip from vibration or over tightening is just a sin for any competent machinery user IMO..
Stuff happens. We have all done it. I know I have. I plan to read up on the recommended torque settings and start using them. I have done well with helicoils and with timeserts, but I don't know anything about Husky saws...

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Maybe you could hillbilly it and epoxy some studs in the holes and use nuts to tighten the cover down?

Old Harleys had areal problem of exhaust pipe bolts stripping out, and they now have studs with nuts. I know that sounds rather masculine..., but that's what it is. I read a recommendation to do that with old knucklehead and panhead exhaust mounts.
Every Shovelhead I have ever owned got studs before they striped, except for the first one which is the reason the rest got em....

teacherman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Exactly it's only holding a top cover! Just needs to hold tight enough to seal the airbox!

I was thinking... (a risky activity) If these are air filter cover bolts, why are they threaded into magnesium? This is almost like the bar cover nuts, you need to be able to fasten and remove those bolts many times, and they should be on studs. I don't know what these saws look like, but can it be altered this way?

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Threaded exhaust studs are pretty much a pain in the buttocks no matter what they are on .Most studs are carbon steel which is not the best material to be placed in an extreme heat situation .Given enough time they always rust through and are nearly impossible to remove without drilling them out .
A few years back Ford used cast stainless steel exhaust manifolds on the V8 Jaguar designed Lincoln LS engine with stainless studs .I have no idea how that worked out long term .The engine proved to be successful but the model died trying to compete with BMW,Cadillac STS etc during a recession .That little rascal would fly though,3.9 liter and 280 HP .