572 updates

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
462 with the clutch cover, etc 13.25 lbs. and they run darn nice. (BTY, that is 562 weight, not 372).

Back to the Husky's, I still want to get to run one (a 572). I'm thinking it will be lighter and stronger than t 576.
Much better balance than the 576, not as tall and slim.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Crap what am I doing this is a Husky thread. Bob I formally apologize.[emoji4][emoji6][emoji111]

Well, it used to be. LOL

Truth is, unfortunately, that the Husky vs Stihl thing is always going to be lurking in these discussions. Just waiting for someone to light a match and set it off. It just can't be avoided. What I don't understand is why fans of one brand will even waste their time hanging out in a thread of the "other" brand. But as I said, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and free to share it here.

So, that being the case, here's one that I heard today that I would normally not pass on, but since this is where this thread has gone...…….here ya go. Went to a buddy's shop over in MA today to drop off a few of these cheaply made 572's. Word over there is that the 462's are garbage and the pro guys hate them. They don't like running them, the side covers break easy, the chip deflectors fall out, running issues. Much of this is actually coming from the local dealer over there who is unhappy with these saws. Not just 1 or 2 out of 6, but the majority of them. Oh yeah, and they're $1200 besides.

Now don't anybody get upset about that or over react. Cause ya know, it's just a couple guys opinions and you shouldn't let it get under your skin. ;)

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry. I will exit this thread.

Wasn't directed at you Jeff; you're cool.

But this derail has gone on for too many pages, and at some point I just got tired of waiting for the discussion to get intelligent again. And there are some thinly veiled comments from guys who should know better, and are in a position here where they should act better, who are stirring the pot in what they think is a subtle way. But it's pretty obvious what they are doing.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, it used to be. LOL

Truth is, unfortunately, that the Husky vs Stihl thing is always going to be lurking in these discussions. Just waiting for someone to light a match and set it off. It just can't be avoided. What I don't understand is why fans of one brand will even waste their time hanging out in a thread of the "other" brand. But as I said, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and free to share it here.

So, that being the case, here's one that I heard today that I would normally not pass on, but since this is where this thread has gone...…….here ya go. Went to a buddy's shop over in MA today to drop off a few of these cheaply made 572's. Word over there is that the 462's are garbage and the pro guys hate them. They don't like running them, the side covers break easy, the chip deflectors fall out, running issues. Much of this is actually coming from the local dealer over there who is unhappy with these saws. Not just 1 or 2 out of 6, but the majority of them. Oh yeah, and they're $1200 besides.

Now don't anybody get upset about that or over react. Cause ya know, it's just a couple guys opinions and you shouldn't let it get under your skin. ;)
What shop in Mass?...

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wasn't directed at you Jeff; you're cool.

But this derail has gone on for too many pages, and at some point I just got tired of waiting for the discussion to get intelligent again. And there are some thinly veiled comments from guys who should know better, and are in a position here where they should act better, who are stirring the pot in what they think is a subtle way. But it's pretty obvious what they are doing.
Don't forget where you are now. A chainsaw forum, it's inevitable.

Back on track, a little. I have actually ran both the 572 and 462, not for very long mind you, just a hand full of cuts. I liked both saws, but was expecting to be blown away by the 462, that just didn't happen. While the 572 is a bigger heavier saw, with a 28" reduced weight bar it just felt much more at home. The owner of both saws and I agreed, that internet hype can get the best of us.

As others have suggested, I see the 572 as more a of a true 70cc logging saw. The 462 I see as more of a replacement for the 362, just with way more power and capability to run a longer bar if need be, I'm not sure the stock AV on the 462 can put up to everyday long bar use, it was just too wobbly IMHO. Time will tell.

Take all of this with a grain of salt, as it's just my very humble opinion.

Last edited:

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't forget where you are now. A chainsaw forum, it's inevitable.

Back on track, a little. I have actually ran both the 572 and 462, not for very long mind you, just a hand full of cuts, I liked both saws, but was expecting to be blown away by the 462, that just didn't happen. While the 572 is a bigger heavier saw, with a 28" reduced weight bar it just felt much more at home. The owner of both saws and I agreed, that internet hype can get the best of all of us.

As others have suggested, I see the 572 as more a of a true 70cc logging saw. The 462 I see as more of a replacement for the 362, just with way more power and capability to run a longer bar if need be, I'm not sure the stock AV on the 462 can put up to everyday long bar use, it was just too wobbly IMHO. Time will tell.

Take all of this with a grain of salt, as it's just my very humble opinion.

Thank You. :)

Cobby08

I’m a face down ass up guy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just like to joke around. Probably a little too much.

I work on saws 6 - 7 days a week, so I don't really get excited about any of them.

When I tore down the first 572XP, I was actually disappointed. To my eye it was just a bigger 562XP.

The MS462 is a different animal though. It's design is unlike anything I've seen before. That sorta got me excited.

Now before anyone takes that as me bashing the 572XP....I'm not. I think Husqvarna is on the right track with the design improvements I did see. The insulated divider, and the soft seals on the intake partition are great ideas.

To trip my trigger takes something really different at this point....and the 462 is really different.

Needless to say, the 500i has me sitting on the edge of my seat.

Might be a complete disaster, but it is something different.

Now.....I'm gonna get back to this boring job of mine.

View attachment 168542

Like renting pigs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would those of you who have run 572s broken in describe the power characteristics more like the 372oe or 372xt?
Sorry but I have never ran a 372xt. That said the 572 felt more like a 576 from my power standpoint, Freer/faster revving though. Think big torquey 562.

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Bob I am not shocked, seems to confirm what the guys in Europe have been saying about the durability of the 462. Booth saws will have growing pains but the kind of $ they are asking I just hope booth companies stand behind there product and take care of.any issues. If I PD over $1200.00 for a 462 or $860.00 for a 572 (I am including tax on booth) those are local prices for me, I would expect good customer service.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, since I couldn't make it better I figured I'd make it worse. Stuff like that contributes nothing but bad vibes, right? But let the other side turn their cheeks and be good sports for a while. And if we're going to critque new models, let's put 'em both on the firing line. Wouldn't be fair not to include the new stihl would it? Don't want to be accused of being unfair.

taplinhill

Hiding behind the Chainsaws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bob I am not shocked, seems to confirm what the guys in Europe have been saying about the durability of the 462. Booth saws will have growing pains but the kind of $ they are asking I just hope booth companies stand behind there product and take care of.any issues. If I PD over $1200.00 for a 462 or $860.00 for a 572 (I am including tax on booth) those are local prices for me, I would expect good customer service.

If I paid over $1200 for a saw my pickups would get jealous that I paid more for a saw than them.