572 updates

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just like to joke around. Probably a little too much.

I work on saws 6 - 7 days a week, so I don't really get excited about any of them.

When I tore down the first 572XP, I was actually disappointed. To my eye it was just a bigger 562XP.

The MS462 is a different animal though. It's design is unlike anything I've seen before. That sorta got me excited.

Now before anyone takes that as me bashing the 572XP....I'm not. I think Husqvarna is on the right track with the design improvements I did see. The insulated divider, and the soft seals on the intake partition are great ideas.

To trip my trigger takes something really different at this point....and the 462 is really different.

Needless to say, the 500i has me sitting on the edge of my seat.

Might be a complete disaster, but it is something different.

Now.....I'm gonna get back to this boring job of mine.

View attachment 168542

There is a saying....if your a hammer everything looks like a nail..:) And while you are excellent at what you do, both of us are evaluating , and in some cases modifying someone else's design. Just pause a second and let that sink in to those reading this. And your priorities, what "trips" those triggers may not be what others get interested in OR impressed by. While I'm always interested in new technology, kind of been around. Revolution vs. Evolution always looks great when the process starts. Smart cost effective use of existing technology can be a better solution. Over time we will see...maybe both generate happy customers and all is well in both Stihl and Husqvarna land. Fact is the closer an "as bought" saw can be to a saw that makes money for the end user the better. And how they get there really doesn't matter. And if they have to pass though someone like you to get them there, that's actually a negative....:) ( I did see an X-tork style cylinder in there ) :)

Last edited:

ABarrick

TacomaTRD98 on AS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your sharing your honest opinion. And I'm sharing mine. I don't see and haven't experienced the growing pains relative to running you started this with. Fired mine up today expecting stalling and all that other stuff. Called my friend who now has around 20 tanks through his. No issues. So all the shade you expressed and dominating your presentation certainly doesn't hurt my feeling but it does color how much weight I put on this montage of posts. And with the heavy push you have presented I've pretty much dismissed the entire line at this point and will do as most will, go by my own experience.
It's tough to discern tone through text especially when you've never met the person. I'm really not trying to win an argument here, just having a conversation really. I try not to get my blood pressure up about this stuff.

And, in between checking my phone like a teenage girl today, I did manage to noodle through a tank on the 572. This one is running more as expected. Take that how you will.

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's tough to discern tone through text especially when you've never met the person. I'm really not trying to win an argument here, just having a conversation really. I try not to get my blood pressure up about this stuff.

And, in between checking my phone like a teenage girl today, I did manage to noodle through a tank on the 572. This one is running more as expected. Take that how you will.

Hope you run the chit out of it actually and continue sending feed back as to what you see...:) Certainly happy 2.0 is running OK.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Go right ahead, its your play ground here..:) Doesn't bother me or anyone else I suspect. Just don't for a micro second think it adds any credibility to the premise..:)
Well there always be problems, I've had my fair share with the 5-series saws, much of which is documented here and elsewhere, pictures and end results included. Credibility you say? Yeah I hear that's a thing.[emoji6]

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Boy, and you get that 1.5 extra pounds free of charge!
Not if you were smart and bought a couple original 7900's

88c93eafe116463bf4b8436f9c38f032.jpg

Without the clutch cover and outer dog.

e6d427662a56bab4e8ddae5079193aa0.jpg

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think it’s a shame dolkita didn’t catch on to the extent of the two “giants” stihl and husky. Probably less marketing and the fewer dealers scared off people. None of that really matters to me. I order my stuff offline and there are good dealers on this forum as well.