shadco

Ban Hammer Custodian
Local time
12:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey, I didn't get a hat!

And check out those goofy boxes! Looks like Husqvarna is on the "bleeding" edge of shipping efficiency as well...guess they plan to sell a lot of them. :)

Barely fits my fat head. But it is a cool hat, and it isn’t black.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What ever happened to the good Hooskie chain that was supposedly coming out? They deliver a saw with Oregon still?

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ahhh. OK. Thanks for the clarification.

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like small saws. I'm overweight, out of shape, and suffer from an incurable form of laziness.

A lightweight top handle for the top, and a lightweight rear handle for the middle.....and someone else to use anything larger.

Yeah.....
Kindly refrain from reading my mind & then posting my exact thoughts sir.:)

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not a brand loyalist, but I did grow up around Stihl. I just thought the 064 pic was cool so I tossed it up as my avatar. I seriously don't even know the actual number of saws I own anymore (35-40) but it's a pretty close split of husky and stihl with a few dolmars and some individual odd ball stuff for good measure. I love cutting wood, I like saws and appreciate quality, thoughtful design. That's why I didn't compare it to a 462 because I didn't want to start a pissing match.

I admitted in that post I was being very critical of the saw and jaded since I got a dud however, in MY opinion, it doesn't really have a "high end" or premium feel to it when examining it closely in person. My 562 has a better fit/finish/feel to it. It's a sharp looking saw and looks awesome in pictures but I honestly expected a little more considering the time it took to get it to market. My first comment to the dealer when I pulled it out of the box and rolled it around was jokingly, "I thought this was a husky, not a Poulan". As a tool, as it is intended, I'm sure it'll be just fine. If you're an OCD type person like myself, I doubt they'll be super impressed by the fit/finish.

With that said, I'm fully aware that cheap looking parts don't always mean they won't last. I'm a mechanic for a living and sometimes the best looking parts don't work and the questionable looking ones are fine.

And you're very right, life is good. (I'd put a smiley here but idk how )

I'm curious if you are going to wear one of those saws out. Give them a chance. And if so, wonder which one looks "better" ( "Better" is a relative term) in a few years. Would be curious if you have a different opinion as it gets into its service life relative to the other saws you have worn out. One of the things that has me interested is knowing the history of the 562's , through picking over the bones of dead 562's to build useful saws to extend the useful life of those parts. I'm seeing the 562 related issues addressed in a significant way. Point being they, Husqvarna; have that "history" to work from. And also seeing weight / materials put in places like the bearings. I don't see the lower quality you do I guess, and that's why there are so many brands out there. Not certain in the out years the "look" will matter for follow on decisions to buy more or switch to something else for most who will buy them. I'm actually going to hold my opinion of the saw for a year or two. Same with the new Stihl offerings. For me there is a "first impression" then there is a review based on the saw in its environment. I honestly don't know, who can; if these will pass the test of time. Certainly not going to judge it based on how it looks... And mine looks pretty damn nice BTW. :)

( Reason why this much time is being put into this? Because I wouldn't venture into the "recommendation" game until I lived with a saw for a while because I don't think I can "alert" folks one way or another until that raw experience over a period of time happens..everything at this point is opinion....based on speculation for me at this point, but I'm optimistic! )

Last edited:

pwheel

Finis Origine Pendet
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
...<snip>... I wouldn't venture into the "recommendation" game until I lived with a saw for a while because I don't think I can "alert" folks one way or another until that raw experience over a period of time happens..everything at this point is opinion....based on speculation for me at this point, but I'm optimistic! )
While there are risks associated with adopting new technology, there are things that I like about the 572: heavier-duty main bearings, field-tested auto-tune, and the ability to exchange a problem saw within 7 days.

ABarrick

TacomaTRD98 on AS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm curious if you are going to wear one of those saws out. Give them a chance. And if so, wonder which one looks "better" ( "Better" is a relative term) in a few years. Would be curious if you have a different opinion as it gets into its service life relative to the other saws you have worn out. One of the things that has me interested is knowing the history of the 562's , through picking over the bones of dead 562's to build useful saws to extend the useful life of those parts. I'm seeing the 562 related issues addressed in a significant way. Point being they, Husqvarna; have that "history" to work from. And also seeing weight / materials put in places like the bearings. I don't see the lower quality you do I guess, and that's why there are so many brands out there. Not certain in the out years the "look" will matter for follow on decisions to buy more or switch to something else for most who will buy them. I'm actually going to hold my opinion of the saw for a year or two. Same with the new Stihl offerings. For me there is a "first impression" then there is a review based on the saw in its environment. I honestly don't know, who can; if these will pass the test of time. Certainly not going to judge it based on how it looks... And mine looks pretty damn nice BTW. :)

( Reason why this much time is being put into this? Because I wouldn't venture into the "recommendation" game until I lived with a saw for a while because I don't think I can "alert" folks one way or another until that raw experience over a period of time happens..everything at this point is opinion....based on speculation for me at this point, but I'm optimistic! )

I'm not sure why sharing my actual, honest, albeit negative initial impression of a saw I bought and paid for is so hard to digest. If I'd have posted how it's awesomeness was out of this world, nobody would have questioned that.
I was optimistic about this saw too. That's a large part of my frustration and why I posted my opinion/experience with this saw. Everybody talks it up like it's a perfect saw sent straight from heaven. I realize excitement for something new often clouds reality and we all tend to forget it's just another I.c. Engine and WILL be a pain in the butt at some point in its lifespan. It's not revolutionary, more like evolutionary. Im more than willing to give a glowing review if it lives up to it so why should I not be brutally honest when something doesn't live up to the hype? Don't get me wrong, I think I'm gonna like it "overall", I just think the bean counters got the best of it. Maybe they're over producing and quality is suffering. I don't know, but either way, it doesn't change that husqavarnas darling ain't perfect. Lets be real, none of them are.

Just because they used larger bearings and heavier materials does not guarantee durability. I'm NOT saying they used cheap bearings.

Fwiw(lol): I spent no less than a half hour today fixing the presence lever on my uber cool new 572 so it doesn't bind on the throttle trigger. The opening in the tank is made too wide and it lets the op lever float around and the trigger will hit it if not centered. After modifying the mounting post and shimming the op lever with a piece of fuel hose to limit the travel it now actually feels smooth like my 550/562. Woot! Woot!

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
11:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not sure why sharing my actual, honest, albeit negative initial impression of a saw I bought and paid for is so hard to digest. If I'd have posted how it's awesomeness was out of this world, nobody would have questioned that.
I was optimistic about this saw too. That's a large part of my frustration and why I posted my opinion/experience with this saw. Everybody talks it up like it's a perfect saw sent straight from heaven. I realize excitement for something new often clouds reality and we all tend to forget it's just another I.c. Engine and WILL be a pain in the butt at some point in its lifespan. It's not revolutionary, more like evolutionary. Im more than willing to give a glowing review if it lives up to it so why should I not be brutally honest when something doesn't live up to the hype? Don't get me wrong, I think I'm gonna like it "overall", I just think the bean counters got the best of it. Maybe they're over producing and quality is suffering. I don't know, but either way, it doesn't change that husqavarnas darling ain't perfect. Lets be real, none of them are.

Just because they used larger bearings and heavier materials does not guarantee durability. I'm NOT saying they used cheap bearings.

Fwiw(lol): I spent no less than a half hour today fixing the presence lever on my uber cool new 572 so it doesn't bind on the throttle trigger. The opening in the tank is made too wide and it lets the op lever float around and the trigger will hit it if not centered. After modifying the mounting post and shimming the op lever with a piece of fuel hose to limit the travel it now actually feels smooth like my 550/562. Woot! Woot!

I'm afraid to click the "Like" button.

:tiburon:

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Your sharing your honest opinion. And I'm sharing mine. I don't see and haven't experienced the growing pains relative to running you started this with. Fired mine up today expecting stalling and all that other stuff. Called my friend who now has around 20 tanks through his. No issues. So all the shade you expressed and dominating your presentation certainly doesn't hurt my feeling but it does color how much weight I put on this montage of posts. And with the heavy push you have presented I've pretty much dismissed the entire line at this point and will do as most will, go by my own experience.

Iceboy

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I already did!

Sent from my LM-X212(G) using Tapatalk

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
11:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Go right ahead, its your play ground here..:) Doesn't bother me or anyone else I suspect. Just don't for a micro second think it adds any credibility to the premise..:)

I just like to joke around. Probably a little too much.

I work on saws 6 - 7 days a week, so I don't really get excited about any of them.

When I tore down the first 572XP, I was actually disappointed. To my eye it was just a bigger 562XP.

The MS462 is a different animal though. It's design is unlike anything I've seen before. That sorta got me excited.

Now before anyone takes that as me bashing the 572XP....I'm not. I think Husqvarna is on the right track with the design improvements I did see. The insulated divider, and the soft seals on the intake partition are great ideas.

To trip my trigger takes something really different at this point....and the 462 is really different.

Needless to say, the 500i has me sitting on the edge of my seat.

Might be a complete disaster, but it is something different.

Now.....I'm gonna get back to this boring job of mine.

IMG-20190302-WA0009.jpeg