Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
11:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
as more complicated the boot are as more often we see lousy quality from them.
I've never been impressed by the 3xx boot system Randy

The more Husqvarnas I get on my bench, the worse their quality seems to be. A few weeks ago, three A/T saws that had bad carbs out of eleven that I did. Then a 395XP with a base gasket cocked sideways. Now three outta six 372s that are assembled incorrectly. All this in a few weeks......

Hello !!!!! Someone needs some QC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The OE 372xp boot wasn’t as complex as the x-torq boot.

Is there a manufacturing problem, in house or externally, or does it appear to be an assembly issue with untrained workers?

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The OE 372xp boot wasn’t as complex as the x-torq boot.

Is there a manufacturing problem, in house or externally, or does it appear to be an assembly issue with untrained workers?

I'll take "All of the above" for 1000 Alex. LOL

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm a Stihlhead for a reason....
As much as you advertise this it’s surprising anyone has you work on anything but..... I’m not sure who’s worse you or Scot at running Husky in the ground and bregging on Stihl. Interesting business tactics but it works for ya so what the hell I guess

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As much as you advertise this it’s surprising anyone has you work on anything but..... I’m not sure who’s worse you or Scot at running Husky in the ground and bregging on Stihl. Interesting business tactics but it works for ya so what the hell I guess

I'm only reporting on what I see on my bench.

If it wasn't this way......I wouldn't say a word.

Something to consider is just how many saws Scott and I have had apart in front of us. I've yet to tear apart a new Stihl and find a mistake in how it was assembled.....but I've lost of how many Husqvarnas I've seen that were screwed up right out of the box.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hope nobody thinks I take pleasure in "running Husky down".

That's not the case at all. The 550, and 562 are a couple of the best handling saws money can buy. The 395XP is the baddest mfer I build. The 2xx series saws are probably the toughest machines on the planet......and a few are on display in my living room right now.

But !!!!

All that will not change the FACT that their QC *f-wording sucks dog cocks right now at this moment in time. Sorry.......but it's the damn truth.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm only reporting on what I see on my bench.

If it wasn't this way......I wouldn't say a word.

Something to consider is just how many saws Scott and I have had apart in front of us. I've yet to tear apart a new Stihl and find a mistake in how it was assembled.....but I've lost of how many Husqvarnas I've seen that were screwed up right out of the box.

Begrudgingly, I'll take "Broken transfer caps seals that are not available for purchase" for $500.

Sigh!

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How come some look bead blasted and some don't? I thought you only worked on new saws?

These are all new. The three in front are 50mm OE jugs that have never been mounted for XT-XP converts. There are five new Mahle 372XT jugs there, and one Husky cast XT jug from a 2166.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
These are all new. The three in front are 50mm OE jugs that have never been mounted for XT-XP converts. There are five new Mahle 372XT jugs there, and one Husky cast XT jug from a 2166.

Some people still want to kick it old school!

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy, you ought to lock this thread as a way to stop the flow of misinformation.

Where did this $70 number come from? That shop must have a labor rate of $420 per hour, cause the update process only takes about 10 minutes at most.

Coils do NOT have to be kept with the carb. You load firmware into the carb based on which coil it has. The CST will not load firmware into anything unless you select a coil from the drop down window. If you mix and match you must do an update so the carb and coil are properly linked. Only exception to this rule are the earliest 555/562's with the EL44 carbs.

Some guy came in yesterday with a 550, and I have a feeling he's been reading this thread! He says, "I was reading online", (usually a bad start to any conversation), and he went in and screwed around with his bleed screw and the saw is all out of wack. Normally I do an update right there while the customer waits, but I made him leave the saw. If an update solves his problem then he gets out cheap, but if not he's up for a new AT12, cause I'm not gong to waste my time, or his money figuring out what he did.

AT doesn't "go lean", the default is to fail rich. Which is why a saw can live for a while with an air leak. I've seen this feature save some saws, but the downside is that it can hide an air leak that will eventually fry the saw. Ya can't work on these things without a mighty-vac. Block off plates are cheap. Saws with air leaks will have a failure code or 2. Can be deceiving as IMO running the saw dry can also generate code 13 or 17, then you do the vac test and it's tight as a drum.

Decos can pass the test on the bench, but then can show a slight leak when running. (spray a little soapy water on it while running). 10PSI from the mighty-vac vs 150+ while running. I don't know that this really means much. Just that there's a lot of pieces to these puzzles and they should all be looked at before drawing conclusions. But any deco leak on the mighty vac, and it's got to go.

I need breakfast.............:)

Huntaholic

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Randy, you ought to lock this thread as a way to stop the flow of misinformation.

Where did this $70 number come from? That shop must have a labor rate of $420 per hour, cause the update process only takes about 10 minutes.:)
I edited it to reflect my answer to your question: Shop rate at the place I deal with is $70 per hour. Evidently that price means anything up to an hour and they don't break it down into minute intervals.