High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

MS241C idle hanging up after Reset

Livtohunt

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Maybe someone can shed some much needed light on what’s causing this saw to have the idle hang up like it is. The saw wouldn’t have more than 10 tanks of fuel through it and it’s been great up until I decided to install a redbeard green weenie oiled filter on it and ever since no matter how many types of reset procedures I’ve tired the idle hangs up. After a rest for the first few blips of the throttle it’ll come back down to idle as it should then after I make a few quick cuts it’ll hang up something fierce. No I haven’t put the OEM air filter back on to see if it cures it. Thought I’d ask here first.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe someone can shed some much needed light on what’s causing this saw to have the idle hang up like it is. The saw wouldn’t have more than 10 tanks of fuel through it and it’s been great up until I decided to install a redbeard green weenie oiled filter on it and ever since no matter how many types of reset procedures I’ve tired the idle hangs up. After a rest for the first few blips of the throttle it’ll come back down to idle as it should then after I make a few quick cuts it’ll hang up something fierce. No I haven’t put the OEM air filter back on to see if it cures it. Thought I’d ask here first.
Did you squeeze out the excess oil ??

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you tried cutting wood with it?

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
5:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

There is no reason to use anything other than the factory filter on these saws.