High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

550xp bog off idle

Huntaholic

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I figure rather than starting a new thread I would post here and see if we can get some more info flowing. As I posted earlier, I got 4 562xps in a pile of saws. I have now brought 3 of the 4 back to life. The 4th one has a broken case housing so its toast. All 3 have turned out to be GREAT runners without any updating to the AT. The last 2 have been mix and match and they still ran out fine. The first one got a new meteor piston and caber rings, the 2nd one didn't need anything other than some bolt on parts, and the 3rd one got a meteor piston and caber rings along with a new carb. My question is this: I bought a new EL44 for the 3rd one and after installing it I noticed there were no wires for the kill switch! I couldn't see a simple way to add the harness to the new carb so I removed the 3 screws holding the AT on and swapped it out with the old carb. The old AT on the new carb also worked itself out after just a few cuts and runs like a raped ape. The question is how do the newest versions work without wires for the kill switch?????

Reedo

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. After the parts come in I plan to go back for them and the saw and will tear into it. I will report back with any updates.

M2theB

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This has been a great thread.
I’ve been working on a rescue 550xp and got it running but almost immediately ran into the OIB. I’ve tried the bleed screw first a 1/4, the a half. That provided some improvement. Then I tried the pop off spring work, trimming 2 turns.
Today I rebuilt the carb, a 7A, with the k1-AT kit and a new spring. But I set the bleed valve back to near original position.
As bad as ever.
So I went back to the bleed screw adjustments. 1/4, then a half until now where I’m at nearly one full turn ccw. So far I can’t get it to bog. It’s snaps right off the throttle, even at just a touch squeeze. I made a dozen noodle cuts and still seems to run correctly right now.

M2theB

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This has been a great thread.
I’ve been working on a rescue 550xp and got it running but almost immediately ran into the OIB. I’ve tried the bleed screw first a 1/4, the a half. That provided some improvement. Then I tried the pop off spring work, trimming 2 turns.
Today I rebuilt the carb, a 7A, with the k1-AT kit and a new spring. But I set the bleed valve back to near original position.
As bad as ever.
So I went back to the bleed screw adjustments. 1/4, then a half until now where I’m at nearly one full turn ccw. So far I can’t get it to bog. It’s snaps right off the throttle, even at just a touch squeeze. I made a dozen noodle cuts and still seems to run correctly right now.