394 xp mount question and identification

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Picked up another 394. Ots missi g I believe what is the 7th mount. Been trying to look on Husky parts list diagrams. I'm not seeing it, or the right ones. I need the part number the mount or mounts and buggers, that are under the metal plate on the front of the cases, where they meet. Plate is missing and mount. any direction appreciated. Norm

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
2:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They didn’t come with the front plate, that was part of the wrap kit.
The left side has a small rubber bumper that bolts through a casting in the case. The right side has a vertical spring that attaches under the muffler with a screw and another screw up through the bottom of the handle

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They didn’t come with the front plate, that was part of the wrap kit.
The left side has a small rubber bumper that bolts through a casting in the case. The right side has a vertical spring that attaches under the muffler with a screw and another screw up through the bottom of the handle
Cool thanks. So maybe someone added a wrap handle later? And it never had that stuff in there? Does anyone have part numbers or what they are calling what I need. I looked on parts list was having no luck locating. Thanks for the info Amigos

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool thanks. So maybe someone added a wrap handle later? And it never had that stuff in there? Does anyone have part numbers or what they are calling what I need. I looked on parts list was having no luck locating. Thanks for the info Amigos
I don’t have any pics or part numbers, sorry. But if you see a black plate in front of the oil cap, that is from the wrap handle kit. Nothing bolts onto it though. It attaches with a hole in the case in the front and one on the bottom and is only there to protect the front and corner

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, #14 is the protector plate

To me, that #9 looks like it’s for a lefty 394/5 or an inverted picture ????

Matt Ellerbee

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Google doesn't show much, other than it's super expensive. My second picture is the only one I can find of the plate that isn't a drawing.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 402068View attachment 402069
Make sure to use the short bolts for the shield, don’t ask me how I know this
Your pictures were the best on description. As stating in my post, that the online stuff and parts diagrams I found were semi week. This one I think I'll run up to my dealer after they come back. New years, and have him pull up and order everything. I'm not an expert enough to recall everything, have not had enough 394 395s, side by side in front of me. This one when I got it just noticed something seemed missing, and the bokt hole bottom of case. And I was trying to invision my old 395, but couldn't remember. Did not pay enough attention on that particular mount and plate. Just slightly noticed it before:) thanks 4 all your help.

Matt Ellerbee

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your pictures were the best on description. As stating in my post, that the online stuff and parts diagrams I found were semi week. This one I think I'll run up to my dealer after they come back. New years, and have him pull up and order everything. I'm not an expert enough to recall everything, have not had enough 394 395s, side by side in front of me. This one when I got it just noticed something seemed missing, and the bokt hole bottom of case. And I was trying to invision my old 395, but couldn't remember. Did not pay enough attention on that particular mount and plate. Just slightly noticed it before:) thanks 4 all your help.
If you are wanting the #14 plate, it is cheaper to get the whole wrap kit for around $40. Part number 588946201. As the plate alone is like $27.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

It's an inverted picture. The protector plates between the mid-range 394 and 395 are different, due to differences in the case. However, there was a later run of 394s that used the same plate as the 395. Husqvarna made a lot of changes to the cases during the latter half of the 394's production run.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's an inverted picture. The protector plates between the mid-range 394 and 395 are different, due to differences in the case. However, there was a later run of 394s that used the same plate as the 395. Husqvarna made a lot of changes to the cases during the latter half of the 394's production run.
Thanks for that tip Amigo