372 X-Torq Rebuild

ZukiRyder400

Breaker of recoils
Local time
7:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
20190310_162229.jpg Alright! It's all put back together and ALMOST ready to run... it still needs a rim washer, air filter nut with stud (the one we ordered didn't come with a stud), oil pump, and some other miscellaneous items.

Last edited:

ZukiRyder400

Breaker of recoils
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So when we got the saw together, I was wondering if I could run it with the old oil pump on it (NOT with a bar and chain). I would have to run it with the old pump because there are tapped where the crank is and if I ran it with out an oil pump on it, it would cause an air leak, and that would SUCK after I just rebuilt it. So my dad said to slap the oil pump on and see if it runs. I installed the oil pump and I was getting excited.

Last edited:

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 170217 This part was NOT my favorite... I had my dad, XP_Slinger, do the crank seals for me. He had to fiddle with the stupid seal for almost an hour or more just to keep it from folding inward!!
This effing seal fought me like no other in my life. Tried every trick I knew, I even put a slight bevel on the bottom of the crank sleeve. Finally got it when I tried a different size string for the third time.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So when we got the saw together, I was wondering if I could run it with the old oil pump on it (NOT with a bar or chain). I would have to run it with the old pump because there are tapped where the crank is and if I ran it with out an oil pump on it, it would cause an air leak, and that would SUCK after I just rebuilt it. So my dad said to slap the oil pump on and see if it runs. I installed the oil pump and I was getting excited.
Ready for the video or something bud??? Lol!

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great work Austin and welcome! I am a little concerned with your fathers lack of judgement in introducing you to the yahoo’s on this forum...
They’re not all bad, just gotta watch out for guys with part of a square body Chevy trim badge missing:p

Austin has been a lurking member here for about a year now. He likes muh chainsaw friends

ZukiRyder400

Breaker of recoils
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This isn’t done yet @ZukiRyder400 , I still have to show you how to remove the carb limiters, they gots to go. Once we get all your other smalls we’ll do a video of your 372 in action. Maybe your Johnny Red can make an appearance too, all up to you buddy.:)
Alright that sounds good

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You should steal all the screws from dad's new 461. Just to have T27's

Mayhaps the muffin won’t fall off then...

Wonder if it will help that Whine Tony mentions.

I never paid attention to others’ 372s till then but he’s right.

Great job CS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Doesn’t your dad have something you can borrow a bar stud from?

He won’t miss it.

I mean there’s got to be some Husshees missing some screws already, or do they loose their studs too?

Sometimes you’ve got to be nosy, CS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 170214 This part was kinda tricky to do because I had to concentrate the heat equally among the crank case. But, nothing went wrong and I'm a hampy camper.

Great job!

Tip for next time drop it in the starter side first. Leave the other case half in the oven for an extra 5 minutes as you get that half situated and put your gasket on and get the crank set where the rod won’t be in the way. 325 for 30 mi it’s and the bearings fall right in