Full wrap handle 372xp vs. 372x-torq

quattro.pilot

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So stupid question for the day... is the handlebar dimensionally the same between a OG 372/365 and their x-torq replacements? Anyone know specifically?

They have different part numbers and I know because XT cylinder is taller that cascades into the top cover and brake handle being taller/different..... so does that continue on to a "taller" full wrap/half-wrap handle bar?

inquiring minds want to know....

Matt Ellerbee

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m gonna say yes, they are different. Here is the same wrap handle on a XT and OE. Picture isn’t the same but you can sorta see the gap. Pretty sure this is the XT part number.
47A028A3-548B-463D-A05E-82548590C6C9.jpeg
699F8250-F29F-4673-8A59-DB89555D92B6.jpeg

Last edited:

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
XT cylinder is taller, so the top cover, brake handle, and handlebar are taller. They will all work on an old XP, but I think an XP brake handle will rub on an X torq top cover.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
1:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
XT cylinder is taller, so the top cover, brake handle, and handlebar are taller. They will all work on an old XP, but I think an XP brake handle will rub on an X torq top cover.

In some cases, the XP brake handle won't even clear the X-torq top cover. I built a 2172 a few years ago for a local guy and I only had a 2171
brake handle at the time and the 72 brake handle was back-ordered. So to get him up and running I trimmed the 71 brake handle to work but
I had to take quite a bit of material off.

huskihl

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In some cases, the XP brake handle won't even clear the X-torq top cover. I built a 2172 a few years ago for a local guy and I only had a 2171
brake handle at the time and the 72 brake handle was back-ordered. So to get him up and running I trimmed the 71 brake handle to work but
I had to take quite a bit of material off.
I got to thinking how close they are and wasn’t sure if it would even fit. I’ve heard guys say that an XP half wrap on an xtorq doesn’t leave a lot of room for gloves.

quattro.pilot

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

10-4 , it certainly stood to reason that everything "above" the cylinder should/would be taller. Definitely fitting it's more logical to fit XT on XP rather than suffer the noticeably tighter gap of XP on XT

What sparked the question in the first place is the proliferation (mainly Ebay) of using the X-torq part number 522 59 32-01 and describing that full-wrap as being also for 365/372xp. And while yes there's no one arguing that it won't physically bolt up to the older saw, it's technically not the right handle bar. Few places actually reference the proper XP part number 503 62 86-71

I see what I presume is the "West Coast Fallers kit" available quite a bit... which is the full-wrap with the big spikes, p/n 588 84 63-02 ... is this intended for XP? Cause that's what the dealer stickers indicate....

tia

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
10-4 , it certainly stood to reason that everything "above" the cylinder should/would be taller. Definitely fitting it's more logical to fit XT on XP rather than suffer the noticeably tighter gap of XP on XT

What sparked the question in the first place is the proliferation (mainly Ebay) of using the X-torq part number 522 59 32-01 and describing that full-wrap as being also for 365/372xp. And while yes there's no one arguing that it won't physically bolt up to the older saw, it's technically not the right handle bar. Few places actually reference the proper XP part number 503 62 86-71

I see what I presume is the "West Coast Fallers kit" available quite a bit... which is the full-wrap with the big spikes, p/n 588 84 63-02 ... is this intended for XP? Cause that's what the dealer stickers indicate....

tia
You should've bought them over last few year's they were under 32.00 shipped
I bought 11 they were all xt wraps for various projects and customers saws.

huskihl

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

tia
Most eBay sellers are looking at a chunk of aluminum and rubber with some bends and holes in it. All they know is that if it bolts up to one model, it bolts up to all the others that are the same, whether or not it actually works isn’t their baby

Last edited:

Duke Thieroff

Fill your hands you SOB!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most eBay sellers are looking at a chunk of aluminum and rubber with some bends and holes in it. All they know is that if it bolts up to one model, it bolts up to all the others that are the same, whether or not, it actually works isn’t there baby
Some eBay sellers aren't trying to make things work out of what they have available or aren't super high volume repair shops, so they don't know the minutiae.

These guys are also jaded by people calling trying to make things work for incorrect/obscure applications and don't have much interest in customers abusing "free return" policies that the eBay search algorithm favors so they can run experiments on things while the "free return" is taken directly out of his bottom line.

Well, that's what some guy told me one time at least....

I think he's full of it, though

huskihl

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some eBay sellers aren't trying to make things work out of what they have available or aren't super high volume repair shops, so they don't know the minutiae.

These guys are also jaded by people calling trying to make things work for incorrect/obscure applications and don't have much interest in customers abusing "free return" policies that the eBay search algorithm favors so they can run experiments on things while the "free return" is taken directly out of his bottom line.

Well, that's what some guy told me one time at least....

I think he's full of it, though
Definitely wasn’t referring to you Duke. Was thinking more along the lines of the double dogs that they say fits 440, 460, 660, etc. They bolt onto a 460, but don’t line up

Duke Thieroff

Fill your hands you SOB!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Definitely wasn’t referring to you Duke. Was thinking more along the lines of the double dogs that they say fits 440, 460, 660, etc. They bolt onto a 460, but don’t line up
I know you weren't for sure! We're all good.

I was just sharing some perspective about things, is all.

I never knew all the details about the handles here, which was an interesting read.