OEM 372 cases and compatibility

magicrat

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I was looking at the OEM cases for a Husqvarna 372 on HL Supply website. Does anyone know if both an X-Torq and Non-Xtorq piston and cylinder will go on it ?? Also will Jonsered oem plastics go on it just like a Husky ? I’ve heard that the cases between a 372 and 2172 are the same. But the plastics r not interchangeable. I’m guessing they fit together differently ?

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I was looking at the OEM cases for a Husqvarna 372 on HL Supply website. Does anyone know if both an X-Torq and Non-Xtorq piston and cylinder will go on it ?? Also will Jonsered oem plastics go on it just like a Husky ? I’ve heard that the cases between a 372 and 2172 are the same. But the plastics r not interchangeable. I’m guessing they fit together differently ?
You can’t run an x-torque top end on oe cases, but you can run an oe top end on x-torque cases. That being said, you should be able to run either top end on 2166/2172 cases or the 365/372xt cases. Not sure on the plastics as I haven’t tried.

magicrat

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can’t run an x-torque top end on oe cases, but you can run an oe top end on x-torque cases. That being said, you should be able to run either top end on 2166/2172 cases or the 365/372xt cases. Not sure on the plastics as I haven’t tried.
Ok thanks. The cases at HLSupply are 365/372xt. I assume they are the current cases Husqvarna is using rn ??

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok thanks. The cases at HLSupply are 365/372xt. I assume they are the current cases Husqvarna is using rn ??
I would assume so…HL supply has IPL’s for a lot of saws…you could check the IPl for the XT model and see what pn it should be.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is possible to run an X-torq cylinder on oe cases if you grind small amount of case allowing cylinder to mate with case. Can be done with dremel and easy to do.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
8:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is possible to run an X-torq cylinder on oe cases if you grind small amount of case allowing cylinder to mate with case. Can be done with dremel and easy to do.
Yes

magicrat

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good to know. I believe these are new X-Torq cases so they should accept anything. Finding an OE case in excellent condition can be tough.

qurotro

Cookie Cutter
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good to know. I believe these are new X-Torq cases so they should accept anything. Finding an OE case in excellent condition can be tough.
YES. But the newer production XT case has different oil output slot.
They stopped making OE cases when they introduce the XT. Even the OE from the other side of the planet which are still being made use XT case.

magicrat

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
YES. But the newer production XT case has different oil output slot.
They stopped making OE cases when they introduce the XT. Even the OE from the other side of the planet which are still being made use XT case.
So would changing an X-Torq into an OE be as simple as changing the cylinder ??

qurotro

Cookie Cutter
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So would changing an X-Torq into an OE be as simple as changing the cylinder ??
Yes, and no. The carb and intake boot is different also. Plastic are different but XT engine cover would work, but taller.