Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
XS 346 20ā€ std Oregon bar. NK chain and std width bar is hard to get pinched

That is my plan on my 346 std width bar with NK chain. How many DL for 20ā€ with 8 pin?

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
11:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is my plan on my 346 std width bar with NK chain. How many DL for 20ā€ with 8 pin?
I have 78 now but 79 might be a good idea...? Or not depending on how much it stretches. Let me look tonight and see where it's at on the adjuster.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
11:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I guess 78 is ok. But I have also run it with a 9 on a ported 60cc with a large spline clutch. So prolly 79 for that. Donā€™t know of one for small spline.

IMG_2794.jpeg

Woodwater

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
yes, but it's narrower than the normal .325 .050 stihl narrow kerf chain i can get here. And the one here in this thread is also hard to find with 72 dl here, i need a dealer who make me loops and then thy are expensiver than ordering from the US.

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
1:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good afternoon fellas. I finally had a chance to try out the RSP chain on my XS 2152 this weekend. I started with a freshly sharpened loop of Oregon 20Lgx (.325" x 0.050" full chisel with no bumpers) and it didn't want to feed at all into the Burr oak I was trying to cut. I then tried it on a red oak log and it cut great. Sooo I swapped on a loop of the RSP chain just for grins, and wow! The combo of the saw and the rsp was nothing short of ridiculous in that tough stuff. It took two tanks to block up both dead trees, and the chain was still cutting great to the end. I hadn't cut Burr Oak at all until this summer when I took down a monster next door.... I didn't notice an issue with that tree, but I was running chain that I had sharpened on the Simington. I'm going to have to see if I can even get the Oregon chain to be in the same ballpark as the RSP with a square grind, but I doubt I can best the rsp. As soon as I have enough funds scraped together, I will go ahead an order a roll of this stuff.

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good afternoon fellas. I finally had a chance to try out the RSP chain on my XS 2152 this weekend. I started with a freshly sharpened loop of Oregon 20Lgx (.325" x 0.050" full chisel with no bumpers) and it didn't want to feed at all into the Burr oak I was trying to cut. I then tried it on a red oak log and it cut great. Sooo I swapped on a loop of the RSP chain just for grins, and wow! The combo of the saw and the rsp was nothing short of ridiculous in that tough stuff. It took two tanks to block up both dead trees, and the chain was still cutting great to the end. I hadn't cut Burr Oak at all until this summer when I took down a monster next door.... I didn't notice an issue with that tree, but I was running chain that I had sharpened on the Simington. I'm going to have to see if I can even get the Oregon chain to be in the same ballpark as the RSP with a square grind, but I doubt I can best the rsp. As soon as I have enough funds scraped together, I will go ahead an order a roll of this stuff.
I havenā€™t found a faster chain ,