Getting Tired Of Oregon Chain

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oregon has changed hands a number of times in the past decade , and so does the quality control of there products like chain , it’s the reality of corporations that get bought up by world conglomerates that only care about profitability and nothing else,

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oregon makes Dolmar bars, I know the laminate ones went down in quality!

I haven't purchased any recent production Oregon loops as I have been chipping away at my spare chains lot, but those elder production Oregon chains are good for me so far.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pretty sure all current Oregon branded bars are Chicom. Bought one once, saw Chicom on the package, immediately put it on Fleabay. Don't know about the OEM ones they supply Echo.

Catbuster

Roadbuilder Extraordinaire
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve run Stihl chain exclusively for a while now, but just leaving a couple thoughts here…

I think Oregon discontinuing one of their “premium” products in their lightweight guide bars, that they pioneered and Husqvarna deciding to make their own chain and start to use another supplier for some of their bars says enough about the state of Oregon’s products at this time.

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve run Stihl chain exclusively for a while now, but just leaving a couple thoughts here…

I think Oregon discontinuing one of their “premium” products in their lightweight guide bars, that they pioneered and Husqvarna deciding to make their own chain and start to use another supplier for some of their bars says enough about the state of Oregon’s products at this time.
Yea , was hoping they would reissue that bar , but doesn’t seem likely, definitely had a popular following, picked up a few , knowing they were going out ,

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yea , was hoping they would reissue that bar , but doesn’t seem likely, definitely had a popular following, picked up a few , knowing they were going out ,
I think it's just about like any other major corporation, any sane person would think to themselves " why didn't Jeep reissue the 4 liter?" , if Pontiac wanted to survive, WTF was the GTO release about?!
Its like ,are they messing with us at this point?
If chainsaw Bars and Chains are your company and you don't continue to manufacture the one reduced weight bar worth a squirt of your line up , then WTF are you doing?
Honestly I have to think that a completely random person selected by a released capuchin monkey would run Oregon better. Any effort in research could tell them that the RW bar would be worth manufacturing. Money and intelligence obviously don't have to go together.

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think it's just about like any other major corporation, any sane person would think to themselves " why didn't Jeep reissue the 4 liter?" , if Pontiac wanted to survive, WTF was the GTO release about?!
Its like ,are they messing with us at this point?
If chainsaw Bars and Chains are your company and you don't continue to manufacture the one reduced weight bar worth a squirt of your line up , then WTF are you doing?
Honestly I have to think that a completely random person selected by a released capuchin monkey would run Oregon better. Any effort in research could tell them that the RW bar would be worth manufacturing. Money and intelligence obviously don't have to go together.
That’s the corporate way of thinking these days , know understanding of what the customer really wants , it’s what the shareholders needs are ,