High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

288xp, 385xp or 390xp??

treesmith

Tree Hugger/Cutterer
Local time
8:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
What models? I run a 562 and t540 along with the usual various 372's, 385 etc. all the time without issue.
550, 562, 576(I think, the newish one), t540, won't stay running, off idle bog, stalls out at idle just when you need to cut, won't restart, not too handy up a tree

Seem to work if held at WOT, but again, not too handy up a tree

I'm in Oz, I know some with same models that run OK, just not the ones I've tried,

I wanted a 550 and 562, heard enough unhappy stories to change that, either running issues or quality control, reminds me of stories from British car manufacturers yeats ago, customers finding half eaten sandwiches under the seat of their brand new Jag type stuff, footprints in the roof lining etc

Buy a new husky and find spare screws, some AV and a half eaten sandwich wedged in the intake boot :)

it's a shame, they're letting themselves down

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
6:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s why I only have older ones. Yeah them 5-series are wicked when they’re running right, BUT I don’t think they’ll ever be as reliable as the 2 & 3 series saws. Just my opinion that’s not based on experience with a 5 series saw. So there’s what its worth. Lol

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I didn’t realize Stihl offered AV until here recently with the 661 and 441......

AV is for Pu$$yS....and guys with teeth....

MAN UP !!!!

you probably use decomp buttons too....sheesh.

"please follow Sir Brad...he's going to give you a private tour of the 'pit of misery' "

pit of misery ...Dilly Dilly !!!

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
AV is for Pu$$yS....and guys with teeth....

MAN UP !!!!

you probably use decomp buttons too....sheesh.

"please follow Sir Brad...he's going to give you a private tour of the 'pit of misery' "

pit of misery ...Dilly Dilly !!!

So THAT is why you haven't fixed your 576 yet. ;)

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I kinda like the 576 lowrider..
I don't have extensive experience with them, but I did fix up a 575 and a carbed 576 for a friend awhile back. After fixing them I did use them some for testing and I just couldn't get on the 57x train. Torquey and deceivingly fast in the cut they are, but I just very much prefer a 372, stock or otherwise. They feel alot chubbier in the hands than a 372 to me.