High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

288xp, 385xp or 390xp??

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
1:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Absolutely not out of the question bud. I'd really like to get my booger hooks on that big ol hawg 056 I mentioned earlier. :)

And yes, all in good fun
I want 066 flat top short case aluminum flywheel small crank next then im done.even a parts saw. Got a cylinder and piston.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmmm..ran a displacement calculator on 385 and 390 using 394/5 stroke. 385 gets to 87cc and 390 gets to 90cc. Factory stroker.... Interesting thought. :cool:
Like we were talking it turns it into a bottom fed 288, essentially. Always wondered what that would be like. And this comment is going back a ways but 1mm is .040 Joe, so making up that difference with a chamber cut and pop up would be pretty easy. That was a lot of reading and sifting through the stihl monkeys throwing poop made relevant content a little more elusive. @Cracker Boy lol

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm foruming with my phone and didn't feel like flipping over to Google and running the conversion calculator. I see that the extra mm of stroke is pretty simple to work out though.

Now, about that crank conversion.... Warrants a moment's consideration if we had both cranks in hand to compare and measure.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Like we were talking it turns it into a bottom fed 288, essentially. Always wondered what that would be like. And this comment is going back a ways but 1mm is .040 Joe, so making up that difference with a chamber cut and pop up would be pretty easy. That was a lot of reading and sifting through the stihl monkeys throwing poop made relevant content a little more elusive. @Cracker Boy lol
Bottom fed 288? Closest thing is a Jonsered 930 super.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, I'm foruming with my phone and didn't feel like flipping over to Google and running the conversion calculator. I see that the extra mm of stroke is pretty simple to work out though.

Now, about that crank conversion.... Warrants a moment's consideration if we had both cranks in hand to compare and measure.
I have both in the shed. Would have to do some case splitting though. See what the weekend brings, I could probably do some measuring.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have both in the shed. Would have to do some case splitting though. See what the weekend brings, I could probably do some measuring.
Don't go to any unnecessary trouble bud, this build isn't even sitting on my bench yet, let alone having cranks to modify and swap.