288xp, 385xp or 390xp??

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't have extensive experience with them, but I did fix up a 575 and a carbed 576 for a friend awhile back. After fixing them I did use them some for testing and I just couldn't get on the 57x train. Torquey and deceivingly fast in the cut they are, but I just very much prefer a 372, stock or otherwise. They feel alot chubbier in the hands than a 372 to me.

I "feel" ya.

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Amazing how a husky thread gets turned into how much better you think your Stihls are. Hard to believe there’s even any other saw manufacturers with Stihl’s being so superior in all...., which they have to be since I read on a saw forum........blaaaaaaaaaaaa

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Amazing how a husky thread gets turned into how much better you think your Stihls are. Hard to believe there’s even any other saw manufacturers with Stihl’s being so superior in all...., which they have to be since I read on a saw forum........blaaaaaaaaaaaa
EA32F208-D89A-4535-A9D1-11E8D21DCEE2.jpeg

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t mind stihls myself. I’ve ran a bunch of them and we have good support for them here. But I like being different with my huskies. And see the look on a local loggers face when I hand him my 372 to use while I fix his stihl and he comes back with a smile on his face talking about the husky kicked some ass. But to each his own. They all have failures and they all have to be fixed at some point

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
T

There’s one on eBay right now
I'm watching that one as we speak. A little reluctant with Ebay though... I'd be a little irritated to get it and find a busted case or something like that. I would much rather buy from a fellow forum member. You know what you are getting here.

Last edited:

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
...and a 288 in 1980’s
I honestly dont could care less about spring or rubber av mounts. I have an 036 and a ms361 theres not that much diff . I bet you 9 out of 10 hootsies has a stihl chain on it now dont it.

Last edited:

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm watching that one as we speak. A little reluctant with Ebay though... I'd be a little irritated to get it and find a busted case or something like that. I would much rather buy from a fellow forum member. You know what you are getting here.
I think theres a on 385 on forum now for sale. If thats wich way you are going. I said you all would probably hate me for it when i mentioned 064 and i also meant it as a joke and also said they both have there issues. Also said if it were me id go 385 that i heard they have better timing numbers. Everyone is just as guilty as i for keeping the whole thing going. Im not mad or anything its all in fun guys.

Last edited:

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No Stihl chain here, I bought a couple loops once since it’s so much better, I went back to buying my 3 Oregon or Carlton for the price of one Stihl loop. Never noticed much difference besides it’s harder on files.
You like your Stihl stuff, we all get that. So just give it a rest and go brag on a Stihl thread. They have good stuff but it’s far from superior!

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think theres a on 385 on forum now for sale. If thats wich way you are going. I said you all would probably hate me for it when i mentioned 064 and i also meant it as a joke and also said they both have there issues. Also said if it were me id go 385 that i heard they have better timing numbers. Everyone is just as guilty as i for keeping the whole thing going. Im not mad or anything its all in fun guys.
We’ve both been drooling over that 385 in the classifieds. Just not in the cards with a post Christmas checking account...lol! If you know anyone with a builder give me a shout.