044/46 Hybrid Build

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
7:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
With a stock oiler, ever hear anyone say keep the air in longer for better fuel economy ? Saw builders north of me have to consider fuel economy ,the guys get dropped off in the woods via chopper to cut trees and can only pack so much stuff ,fuel included,
Ive never seen somebody port a saw with that goal in mind and accomplish it. Maybe someone has....

junkman

Crush it
Local time
4:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ive never seen somebody port a saw with that goal in mind and accomplish it. Maybe someone has....
Porting for fastest times in a cut is not what guys try to accomplish around here ,there are power gains , but economy,idle and tuning quality and quietness are important when on the saw 6 hours or so a day ,most guys that cut every day do not tune the saws every time they grab them, and they need to start easy ,180 psi is about max when shutting off and restarting often. ,Woods logging,Madsons ,Walkers saw shop,Simon,all make good saws ,but wont win at gtg races ,that's not their goal.

Armbru84

Just trying to get by
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What would be really fun would be to take 1 saw and send it to 5+ different builders have each builder do their favorite/best part then test that against a baseline.

Have a feeling that saw would likely be slightly ahead of a saw done by a single builder.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I have a saw I could contribute to execute this idea [emoji16]

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Using a set of numbers can net different results depending on how you grind them. I guarantee that if 5 different builders built hybrids with the exact same numbers they would all run different.
Id hazard a guess if you sent one jug to 5 different builders, the timing numbers pulled from the jug, would all be different using a wheel.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Id hazard a guess if you sent one jug to 5 different builders, the timing numbers pulled from the jug, would all be different using a wheel.
This. ^
I'm in. Port timing booth @ NY gtg?

Bring your own measuring equipment.
Flash light, degree wheel, small scale, port map, measure tape, steel scale, ...
Beveled ports will be used.
Measure the jug and add your numbers to a piece of paper and drop it in the bowl with the rest.
Ten bucks a pop winner take all.
Tie breakers.
All winners go the cant for time cuts.

Want to make it real interesting? Measure two jugs with and without beveled ports. That would be more interesting to me.

Edit

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Please show pics of the finished intake from the boot side. I'd like to see how large the entry is at the port choke or do you have a measurement for it?
Some guys just grind till they go through or get close to busting out.
Thanks

@drf256

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This. ^
I'm in. Port timing booth @ NY gtg?

Bring your own measuring equipment.
Flash light, degree wheel, small scale, port map, measure tape, steel scale, ...
Beveled ports will be used.
Measure the jug and add your numbers to a piece of paper and drop it in the bowl with the rest.
Ten bucks a pop winner take all.
Tie breakers.
All winners go the cant for time cuts.

Want to make it real interesting? Measure two jugs with and without beveled ports. That would be more interesting to me.

Edit

What determines a win?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Anybody who gets it right gets a a shot at the cant. All winners race off for the whole pot. You need to qualify for this race. The saw picked to race means nothing.

Bevel and unbeveled measurements that are both deemed correct will limit the numbers of racers I believe.

Judges will be needed to rule on what is what. One or three judges will do.

Termitebuffet

Home of the corn can muffler .....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Possibly even if they all tried to hit the same #'s

Sawhawgz, ruining the internet since 2012...