Worst Chain You Have Seen

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, Right. :BangHead: Apparently never the proper way to sharpen a chain and never seen a severely rocked chain. There is lot to it then just filing at it.

I was in a local hardware store that thought the way they sharpen chains was very good. They awful looking after the attempted sharping.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
^^ That video was awful, started with a dull chain...finished with a dull chain. I don't get when folks are 'obviously terrible' at something, they feel the need to advise others. Anyone is a GoPro & an internet connection away from being an instructor/teacher these days.

Spladle160

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I cut up a few trees out of a friends yard for him yesterday. On the way down to the bottom of the yard there was a medium sized stump. I asked him if he wanted me to remove it while I was there. He said sure and I almost started with it then thought better. I went to get it on the way out and never got more than an inch into it. There was half a pair of pliers in the tree. I probably half ruined the chain. I'll have to take a pic when I get home. It's disgusting.

Manofstihl661

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I cut up a few trees out of a friends yard for him yesterday. On the way down to the bottom of the yard there was a medium sized stump. I asked him if he wanted me to remove it while I was there. He said sure and I almost started with it then thought better. I went to get it on the way out and never got more than an inch into it. There was half a pair of pliers in the tree. I probably half ruined the chain. I'll have to take a pic when I get home. It's disgusting.

That’s impressive... worst I’ve come across so far is nails and water hose....thankfully. I’ve come across some metal hangers but thankfully I haven’t hit them.

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s impressive... worst I’ve come across so far is nails and water hose....thankfully. I’ve come across some metal hangers but thankfully I haven’t hit them.
Worst thing I have hit was when I was cutting up some downed maples for a friend. Makita was running good then it just scream but the chain was slowing down and died before I could even come off the trigger. Back to the truck and had about 3’ of vinyl covered metal clothes line wrapped up inside the clutch cover. I was not happy.

Manofstihl661

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Worst thing I have hit was when I was cutting up some downed maples for a friend. Makita was running good then it just scream but the chain was slowing down and died before I could even come off the trigger. Back to the truck and had about 3’ of vinyl covered metal clothes line wrapped up inside the clutch cover. I was not happy.

Ooo that reminds me! I was cutting in a pile of some small stuff and guess it was in a shadow or something but the end of my bar found some wire metal fencing... and like you I didn’t even have time to let off the throttle but my chain was laying at my feet. Didn’t really do much damage to it besides break the link. Unfortunately the chain is still hanging in my shed waiting to be repaired and that’s been well over a year.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

TheDarkLordChinChin

My name Borat, I like you
Local time
9:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hope this has no steel in it, the wire at the back is not actually attached to the tree.

105_0476-jpg.803495