High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

windchill -60 below, what should redbull test?

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I made a video of pull starting one of my Gravely tractors one time in the cold. It was 24*... at 0*F I would quit going outside to do any of power equipment activities like a chainsaw. You can keep all the cold weather you want... we do not need it here in NC.

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your sanity...... that’s too damn cold. Also how far you can throw chips and if they freeze to your clothes.

Cobby08

I’m a face down ass up guy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So we have this great opportunity tomorrow morning it will be -34F with a windchill of -60F. :qmiedo: Thinking I should test something! :partyhat: Maybe the mtronic will fail? :sherlock:

Actually I am thinking of leaving the saw out all night and seeing if 1. it'll start. 2. if it will run with the hd2 3. if it will run with the max flow filter. Wonder if hp2 or schaeffer oil will separate.

I would do it today but it's not cold enough yet :D (-28F with windchill -54)

Alright, if you don't like the above, give me ideas!

ps. to all you guys who bought stuff from me. I don't have to ship today :p cuz the poosies at USPS closed down!
Jinkees... did not expect the words 'great' and 'opportunity' and '-60F' to be in the same sentence... ever...

Evansaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
3721B38E-AE24-4160-A38D-27EBB64F322C.jpeg 659FCF50-7297-4986-BB80-B5FEA1A7250A.jpeg 455836A0-EA3C-423D-8D08-CAFC90190522.jpeg
So we have this great opportunity tomorrow morning it will be -34F with a windchill of -60F. :qmiedo: Thinking I should test something! :partyhat: Maybe the mtronic will fail? :sherlock:

Actually I am thinking of leaving the saw out all night and seeing if 1. it'll start. 2. if it will run with the hd2 3. if it will run with the max flow filter. Wonder if hp2 or schaeffer oil will separate.

I would do it today but it's not cold enough yet :D (-28F with windchill -54)

Alright, if you don't like the above, give me ideas!

ps. to all you guys who bought stuff from me. I don't have to ship today :p cuz the poosies at USPS closed down!

Awesome idea, actually during New Year i was in my village and with heavy snow and minus 15 Celcius (dont know the Fahrenheit equal) i started the 462 with no problem.

I even did the 30seconds reset and then cut some snowed wood for fun with friends, had absolutely no problems.

Bar oil- Stihl Synthetic

Looking forward for your test- have fun

tree monkey

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
when I was logging full time, we never missed a day because of cold weather. we left the skidder run overnight. saws didn't want to run, bar oil didn't pour, had to squeeze it out of the jug. didn't stand around much

old guy

Love me some Husqvarna
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
when I was logging full time, we never missed a day because of cold weather. we left the skidder run overnight. saws didn't want to run, bar oil didn't pour, had to squeeze it out of the jug. didn't stand around much
Yeah, but skiddin tongs & chains break, trees barberchair like they're made of glass!, and the cold, cold fingers, ooh, I remember. Loved it.

Willard

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I last logged full time some months it was 60 below every day for a high. Our cable skidder cabs were open for convenience and the only saw that would run was a Jonsered or Husky. Only Stihl that would run was the 064 with the winter kit.
Now today they all run good with the heated carbs, just make sure to cover up 1/2 - 3/4 of the rewind housing intake grill with the winter cover or duct tape.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Went to use some battery-powered OPE today (rotary sweeper to clean sidewalks down to the pavement). I store the Li-ion batteries inside, but the tools in my unheated garage. No-go after -30°F temps (about -16°F at the time). Brought the sweeper into the house for about 1/2 hour, to warm up the shaft and gear box, then everything was happy!

I don't think that you are supposed to store or charge this Li-ion batteries in freezing temps, but they work fine once brought out. Seen a lot of battery-powered ice fishing augers at a recent sportsman show.

Philbert