LOMartin

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm a seriously flawed person my friend. Years and years of drug and alcohol abuse....

I've spent time locked up.....and it wasn't because I got caught singing too loud in church.

No sir.....I'm not any better than anyone else.

It’s what we do with the wisdom of the messed up past that counts.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
5:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s what we do with the wisdom of the messed up past that counts.

I've held nearly every service position Narcotics Anonymous has, from regional committee member down to coffee maker. I sponsored others, and worked my steps, and took meetings into jails and penitentiaries. Now.....what I really learned from doing all that is so simple.

Just do the next RIGHT thing. Period. When we stray from that one precept we are toast.

It's not rocket science.

Is getting loaded the right thing for an addict to do? No.....of course not.

Stealing? Nope.....bad idea.

Selling dope? Wrong move for sure.

And so on.....

Where the danger lies for those of with years of recovery is when we start thinking we have all the answers...that we're somehow cured. Well.....I'm still an addict. Now I'm addicted to chainsaws, forums, farming, etc. But at least these addictions ain't going to land me behind bars.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm a seriously flawed person my friend. Years and years of drug and alcohol abuse....

I've spent time locked up.....and it wasn't because I got caught singing too loud in church.

Well I think it's safe to say that no one is perfect it's what a person does to make things right and get back on the right path there's always going to be a curve in the road but it's how you approach it and how you want to exit it.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've held nearly every service position Narcotics Anonymous has, from regional committee member down to coffee maker. I sponsored others, and worked my steps, and took meetings into jails and penitentiaries. Now.....what I really learned from doing all that is so simple.

Just do the next RIGHT thing. Period. When we stray from that one precept we are toast.

It's not rocket science.

And so on.....

Where the danger lies for those of with years of recovery is when we start thinking we have all the answers...that we're somehow cured. Well.....I'm still an addict. Now I'm addicted to chainsaws, forums, farming, etc. But at least these addictions ain't going to land me behind bars.
Chain saws is more less what keeps me from trobil otherwise I'd be building fast cars and getting in a hole lot of trobil.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I remember Terry working in the woods. He seemed accident prone to me, and I encouraged him to do something different. I even cut squish bands on a lot of jugs for him. I sold him a mill for nearly nothing......

Looking back, I really regret all that.
CBC....fuggin disgrace :facepalm:

Chronic Band Cutter
Try not to regret it, Randy that's what makes you who you are.
He don't regret the work I'd gamble.
The pisser is they get your time. :flamethrower2:
No replacing that or your trust :flaming:

Weenie roast anyone?

LOMartin

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

It's not rocket science.

And so on.....

same same bud. We grow and move on to the next thing. Current addiction is chainsaws and working my land on the tractor.

yeah. Another addiction; but it’s a productive one.

glad I found this place to help direct these tendencies. Nothing better then getting home from a *s-wordty day at work to a chainsaw. Getting to fell a few acres a weekend must be the best thing money can buy.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been working on my barns each weekend lately. One is 400' x 40', and the other is 60' x 40' with a 16' shed roof on one side. Both were in rough shape when we bought the place......
Wow 400' x 40 man I would love to to have a big old barn like that I could park a lot of cars in and have a chainsaw heaven.:beer-toast1:

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Awesome and refreshing to hear you share where you came from Mastermind.
Me & 1st cousin were talking about our past's earlier today...and she said,
"You know the grace of God was really extended to you big time cuz...not many folks
get that"
My reply, "The grace God is extended to many---so many just don't recognize or act on it!"

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would well imagine everybody has a part of their lives they aren't real proud of .I know I do .Youth and stupidity .It takes a wake up call some times to get ones head out of their azz .If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got .Simple as that .

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I met a few guys in my first week of going to NA meetings that became my best friends, and still are. We have a lot in common, and we stay in touch. I think those relationships were vitally important to me being able to stay clean and sober. It's a we thing.....

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Funny or maybe ironic how things work out if you live through them .Around 1981 after a little celebration with my fox hunting buds I thought for a moment I was A J Foyt but I wasn't .Clipped a pole off and ended up in a ladies yard out cold .After she found out I was okay talk about a tongue lashing .I beat the DWI rap but it cost me a bunch .I changed my ways ,it was a wake up call .
Fast forward 2014 ,my wife had passed on .After about 6-8 months that lady found me on face book ,her husband,one of my best buds had also passed .2019 ,she's about 30 feet away from me still asleep .I wake up early ,she doesn't .You just never know what life will bring .:)