High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Wicked Worksaws - Wicked Work Saws - Terry Landrum - WWS

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah it's not to smart to do stuff like that around here anymore way way to many people now even at night 25 years ago it was a different story but now I don't even push my luck I just let the younger people get in trouble now.

I drive like an old man. Tickets are expensive and gas isn't cheap.

Plus I don't wanna look like a hard-on..my teeth are bad enough.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
82954672-pixel-glasses-isolated-on-white-background-thug-life-meme-glasses-vector-illustration-.jpg

Battle Cross 2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol. That all depends on what year of car I was driving on the weekend in the 90s lol thanks for bringing up some good memories for me.:D:beer-toast1:
On the street it's more about the driver and car setup then raw power. A good buddy and I maid good money on the streets in the late 90s early 2000s with an ugly 4 door civic. 400whp in a 2200 pound car with the right suspension setup and driver will lighten the wallet of alot of higher powered cars. Still wouldn't take that civic over my 351 swapped fox if I had a chance to get either back.

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I highly doubt a 460 would do anything meaningful to a even stock diesel truck now a days. I've had 460s on the dump and they don't impress even a little bit. A sad 250 to the wheels is all they wrote.

morewood

Mr. Awesome
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 460, you're correct. The new gas engine Ford just released is another answer. New diesels option at close to 10 grand. The 7.3 gas engine is under stressed at 430 hp and 475 lb-ft. My next truck won't be a diesel. In my opinion unless you use it daily as a business the diesel won't pay for itself. Throw in the cost of maintenance and I can't see it.

Mr Awesome

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
FWIW my name is on the very three last 460's ever made .One is at the Smithsonian ,one at the Henry Ford museum ,one at Lima engine plant . I saw the very first 460 test engine to pass extensive tests prior to production and the very last one off the assembley line get loaded into the box car .Odd because the 429 was a heavy truck engine a 460 was termed medium duty .

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why a WWS is so good to have.
2 loggers in the woods, 1 has a stock saw other a WWS.
Logger 1: Gee mate I noticed you have a builder sticker on your saw, that must run hard.
Logger 2: Not really, work inside is pretty rough & its not the same saw I sent him but its just wicked that I have this saw so I'm stoked.
Logger 1: well what's so wicked about it?
Logger 2: well, I am lucky, I got a
saw back, many folks just sent off money & their saw got nothing back, just a wicked experience of getting forked over, so I feel privileged & good.
Logger 1: Arhh I get it now, a WWS is if you actually end up with a saw & don't have both ya money & saw stolen?
Logger 2: Correct.

Last edited:

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I highly doubt a 460 would do anything meaningful to a even stock diesel truck now a days. I've had 460s on the dump and they don't impress even a little bit. A sad 250 to the wheels is all they wrote.
Depends on what year 460 and what's been done to It mine is a 1969 460 and with some work done to the cylinder heads and a cam it might not our run them up a hill with lodes behind them but power t wait unloaded flat ground trust me I've blown around plenty.

Brush Ape

Direct Connection
Local time
9:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm expecting some negative feedback at anytime now. I've lost about a week in the shop to a pinkeye outbreak in my cattle. In about another week, I gotta cut my hay.

If I could only clone myself.....

I know you are discussing this in the farming thread, I'll put it here so guys will see it. One thing we have had to watch out for is Rye. When it gets a seed head, mark your calendar pinkeye is hot on your hooves.

My all time least favorite band.

How about these guys Boss...??

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
9:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What, Bubba isn’t up to snuff yet?

He's just 15.....I'm not going to take away all his summer to work in the shop. He helps me really well when I need it though. He's always with me when building stuff, working cows, or doing hay.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the 460 Fords they retarded the cam timing by a half or one tooth to provided enough raw unburned gas to provide enough heat for the catalytic converters to work .It dropped the power and torque and gas mileage a great deal to meet EPA regulations .The cam timing was back in time about the time it went to fuel injection from carbs .Although the original 1969 460 were rated at nearly 500 HP and 500 Ft Lbs of torque it was by the old rating system and is not accurate but it was much higher than say 1977-78 when they messed up the valve timing and lowered the compression ratio .I had the very last of the 460 engines in an automobile .Lincoln MK5 and it would scoot .I think after that model year it went to a 400 .
BTW the 460 car engine had a "silent chain "on the late 70's models which would throw the plastic after a while,terrible idea .I replaced mine with a modern chain and sprockets after I had that problem .Got a good deal on them ,perks you know .I was told it would increase the HP by about 25-30 HP

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If a dog starts killing chickens, it’s like doggy meth..

Best to just get it over with..

Cuz rehabilitation efforts aren’t very successful..
Meh...I have a hound that's killed exactly one chicken, never did it again and never will. He's 12 yrs old and around them loose all the time.

My shepherd has done the same. I believe that was collateral damage from his urge to play with/chase everything when he was a pup. That also has been handled and he's never done it again.

We had a English Springer when I was kid, fantastic dog. He had a chicken problem until dad caught him in the act and proceeded to whoop the shít out of him with the half dead bird. That dog wouldn't so much as look at a chicken from that day on.

To say a dog should be shot on site for this is ignorant. They have prey drive, it's what makes them a dog. A hunting dog without it is useless. How it's handled after the fact is what matters.