Wicked Worksaws - Wicked Work Saws - Terry Landrum - WWS

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
5:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Meh...I have a hound that's killed exactly one chicken, never did it again and never will. He's 12 yrs old and around them loose all the time.

My shepherd has done the same. I believe that was collateral damage from his urge to play with/chase everything when he was a pup. That also has been handled and he's never done it again.

We had a English Springer when I was kid, fantastic dog. He had a chicken problem until dad caught him in the act and proceeded to whoop the shít out of him with the half dead bird. That dog wouldn't so much as look at a chicken from that day on.

To say a dog should be shot on site for this is ignorant. They have prey drive, it's what makes them a dog. A hunting dog without it is useless. How it's handled after the fact is what matters.
I've heard the stories.. If it's your own dog and worth the effort, you can possibly "train" the urge out of em.

Just never seen it work personally.

The neighbor's dog is a different story.
They just get shot and disposed of. Don't want bad feelings between neighbors.

I'm sure I am offending dog lovers all across the country, but the older I get, the less I care.

Hedgerow

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh, and to stay on topic, I have a WWS 562..
Runs great..
Even has the wonky old carb. Hundreds of tanks through it. Should have been dead a couple years ago.

But I would advise not doing biz with TL.. He's too squirrelly...

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Normally I get a few of those guys that try to do that *s-word in front of me let's just say the 460 under the hood of my truck normally will come to life that's about the only time I'll pass someone on the road I have 000000 tolerance for that *s-word....

Not to mention you aren't 17 anymore.

When I see dudes my age act like that I borderline get embarrassed for them..it's gotta be tough to go through life being that big of a beat off.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Meh...I have a hound that's killed exactly one chicken, never did it again and never will. He's 12 yrs old and around them loose all the time.

My shepherd has done the same. I believe that was collateral damage from his urge to play with/chase everything when he was a pup. That also has been handled and he's never done it again.

We had a English Springer when I was kid, fantastic dog. He had a chicken problem until dad caught him in the act and proceeded to whoop the shít out of him with the half dead bird. That dog wouldn't so much as look at a chicken from that day on.

To say a dog should be shot on site for this is ignorant. They have prey drive, it's what makes them a dog. A hunting dog without it is useless. How it's handled after the fact is what matters.
:beer-toast1:

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not to mention you aren't 17 anymore.

When I see dudes my age act like that I borderline get embarrassed for them..it's gotta be tough to go through life being that big of a beat off.
That's why I spend more time with my friends at the track now they all got race cars and I enjoy helping them but there's always that ass clown that just pushes the F bomb button.lol

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
6:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh, and to stay on topic, I have a WWS 562..
Runs great..
Even has the wonky old carb. Hundreds of tanks through it. Should have been dead a couple years ago.

But I would advise not doing biz with TL.. He's too squirrelly...
Ya ever crack it open and see exactly what was (or wasn't) done inside? I remember seeing pics of barely any work done on those.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought his Husqy muffler mods looked good till I tried one and started catching trees on fire. Plus the sound gets thrown right at the log bouncing off in my face making it loud even with ear plugs

Hedgerow

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya ever crack it open and see exactly what was (or wasn't) done inside? I remember seeing pics of barely any work done on those.
No..

I never do that... what’s in my saw is a mystery till it fails...

I’d feel dirty if I did.. and I’ll bet there’s been damn little done to it other than turning the piston and increasing the intake, but I won’t know till the old girl dies.. Levi grabs it first too, so I ain’t the only one...

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've heard the stories.. If it's your own dog and worth the effort, you can possibly "train" the urge out of em.

Just never seen it work personally.

The neighbor's dog is a different story.
They just get shot and disposed of. Don't want bad feelings between neighbors.

I'm sure I am offending dog lovers all across the country, but the older I get, the less I care.
Disposed of on their front porch or at the gate. They normally make sure after that point that all their other dogs are secured as well.
I’m not that worried about the neighbors. Keep your animals on your own property and I’ll do the same with mine.

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree with a lot of what's being said about the dogs killing chickens/livestock, some can be reversed and never touch any again and some have to be dealt with other ways. But, I'll advise this,yall better be careful if it's a hunting dog! New laws came into affect roughly 8-10 years ago and it's a federal offense for shooting a hunting dog while its hunting. I don't remember all the details, but it pretty much got started over a man with a chicken house, he shot someone's 5 beagles and tried to say they were in his chicken house. BUT while they were on his property they're GPS tracking collars never showed them get any closer than 250 yards to that chicken house, so you better be able to prove for a damn fact that dog was doing what you said it was because many many hunters use those devices now ,including myself and and if collars are removed after the fact, fines can triple, prison time can double.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Hedgerow

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree with a lot of what's being said about the dogs killing chickens/livestock, some can be reversed and never touch any again and some have to be dealt with other ways. But, I'll advise this,yall better be careful if it's a hunting dog! New laws came into affect roughly 8-10 years ago and it's a federal offense for shooting a hunting dog while its hunting. I don't remember all the details, but it pretty much got started over a man with a chicken house, he shot someone's 5 beagles and tried to say they were in his chicken house. BUT while they were on his property they're GPS tracking collars never showed them get any closer than 250 yards to that chicken house, so you better be able to prove for a damn fact that dog was doing what you said it was because many many hunters use those devices now ,including myself and and if collars are removed after the fact, fines can triple, prison time can double.

Not sure why anyone would turn 5 beagles loose and let em get out of ear shot.. I can’t hardly keep tabs on one, let alone 5.

Here it’s coyote dogs. They got free run of the neighborhood and are too busy to *f-word with a chicken... I wish the ole boys that had em hunted more.. they keep the coyotes in check..

And yes, hunting dogs are considered property with value, so law frowns on people shooting em.

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure why anyone would turn 5 beagles loose and let em get out of ear shot.. I can’t hardly keep tabs on one, let alone 5.

Here it’s coyote dogs. They got free run of the neighborhood and are too busy to *f-word with a chicken... I wish the ole boys that had em hunted more.. they keep the coyotes in check..

And yes, hunting dogs are considered property with value, so law frowns on people shooting em.
They run coyote dogs here also and that helps with our coyotes too,when I ran beagles with some other guys I know ,we would usually run 10-15 dogs at a time, especially if we had pups coming around and running with broke dogs,some can check out real quick that's why we all started putting the garmin GPS tracking collars on them like we do our coonhounds and it helps in bad situations where you cant tell by ear if they've gone to another property which helps because it keeps us from trespassing and knowing if we do ,so a person can get permission to retrieve them and get off the property.