Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
1:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Doing well sir. TY. Hope all is well with you both.

We are doing pretty well here. Got my first cutting all rolled up and in the barn. Then we took off to North Carolina and rode a train last weekend. Life is good.

Time.

20220701_183301.jpg

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
11:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We are doing pretty well here. Got my first cutting all rolled up and in the barn. Then we took off to North Carolina and rode a train last weekend. Life is good.

Time.

View attachment 342267
I bet it's nice to be paid to handle jugs all day, isn't it? :aplastao:

TALLGUY

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fixing the torn up end of the expanded metal. Mower deck had it so torn up I was afraid of a flat tire. Anyone guess where I scrounged up the metal plate.
66b585c6c6dfb97f19f24ae80bd50d04.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Agent Smith

Hack of all trades
Local time
2:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I decided to build another solar generator, only bigger this time with (4) VMAX 125ah solar agm batteries, 40a charge controller and (4) solar panels. Still waiting on aluminum angle to build the frame for the panels. This rig is quite heavy at just over 400lbs
20220706_184249.jpg 20220706_184310.jpg20220706_184346.jpg

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Agent Smith

Hack of all trades
Local time
2:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know exactly nothing about this stuff. But I'm very intrigued. Tell me about it like I'm 5. Please.
I'm not the best at explaining stuff but I'll try. Instead of listening to a generator and burning $5 gal fuel, this is an alternative to power 115v appliances, tools and charge devices and batteries in a power outage situation. It definitely does have limitations though such as battery size and quantity for run time and no sun equals not much or no charging but thats where a newer MPPT style charge controller over the old technology PWM controller is nice. It can effectively charge the batteries on cloudy days making it more efficient. Maybe only an amp or two but its something to keep things going longer. Panels produce current. More panels, more current although there is a limit to how many panels you can connect to a charge controller because of amperage. This controller is (4) 100w panels which equals 40 amps on a sunny day. Charge controller controls how much of that current goes to the batteries. If they're discharged or under power draw, it'll dump some amperage to them. If the batteries are near 100%, it'll just trickle charge them or go into a maintain mode. Batteries store the juice and the more batteries in the battery bank, the more amp hours/ run time you have. The style and size of batteries is another limiting factor. The bigger the AH, the more run time you get. You have to use deep cycle batteries designed for solar use and they come in different amp hour sizes and designs such as AGM, lithium, flooded, etc. Inverter converts 12vdc to 115vac. The inverter is limited by watts just like a gas generator. Higher watts equals bigger things you can plug in. This is only a 12v system with 1500w inverter and fine for my needs. Im only using this bigger setup to run the chest freezer if needed and the small one i built a few weeks ago for the fridge. You can go with different components to achieve a 24v, 36v or 48v system that gets into 220v in which batteries and panels are wired differently, usually in series and monster power inverters are used that can be wired into your homes fuse panel for power backup with a transfer switch. Whole home/off grid solar setups are beyond my knowledge right now but maybe one day I'll gain that knowledge too