ranchdadmike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
9dafc15b85baf12a36d26aa5df546cd3.jpg

Finally..the old 181 just needs a bar and chain (and maybe a 2nd muffler port)

Last edited:
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
026 gurus, please gather around......

As previously stated (and pictured) I recently inherited the 026 my father bought new in 1992. I plan on keeping this as my go-to saw and want to do a port job and some power and reliability upgrades. I have been searching and reading every thread and post I can find as to what works and what doesn’t. I don’t have access to a lathe anymore :-( so all of the work will be done by hand with a Dremel. I want it to keep it 100% stock appearing.

Ok, meat and potatos: stock jug and piston look perfect, has 194 fully adjustable carb and the original wire mesh air filter. My tentative plans are to do a relatively aggressive porting job and BGD with a meteor piston and cabers. I will use the old piston to “sand” the squish to an acceptable level; .012-.016 is goal there. The coil is where I have the biggest question. I know fast majority of aftermarket coils are pure junk, but have read the Ducati ‘blue’ coils are the tits on these saws. I have found 3 different Ducati coils for the 026/260 platform. Does anyone have a specific part number for the correct coil?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
026 gurus, please gather around......

As previously stated (and pictured) I recently inherited the 026 my father bought new in 1992. I plan on keeping this as my go-to saw and want to do a port job and some power and reliability upgrades. I have been searching and reading every thread and post I can find as to what works and what doesn’t. I don’t have access to a lathe anymore :-( so all of the work will be done by hand with a Dremel. I want it to keep it 100% stock appearing.

Ok, meat and potatos: stock jug and piston look perfect, has 194 fully adjustable carb and the original wire mesh air filter. My tentative plans are to do a relatively aggressive porting job and BGD with a meteor piston and cabers. I will use the old piston to “sand” the squish to an acceptable level; .012-.016 is goal there. The coil is where I have the biggest question. I know fast majority of aftermarket coils are pure junk, but have read the Ducati ‘blue’ coils are the tits on these saws. I have found 3 different Ducati coils for the 026/260 platform. Does anyone have a specific part number for the correct coil?
Calling @drf256

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I personally would send the jug out to someone and pay to have it milled perfectly flat.
We all have seen what happens to sanded bottom jugs. [emoji850]