High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What the actual... yeah...

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Funny, he packed it with noodles to illustrate the "problem" and then cuts a cookie to demonstrate how well the problem is solved by the contraption he cooked up.

I guess it does accomplish quieting the saw down... But that's a hell of a long stinger for one and I'd bet the power curve has been pretty drastically altered, well, however much power curve that little saw has to begin with anyway...

But I wouldn't route all that heat along any saw case, plastic or mag... Gotta be hell on the crank seal or sealed crank bearing after not too much run time. I've seen a bone stock 395 set tree bark asmoldering on the the job before...

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
4:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A clever, 'out-of-the-box' way of thinking to use the exhaust gases for something other than turbo charging.

Yeah, that's gonna work real good on a plastic case $tihl
Well, he is not selling the idea for money, so OK in my mind to pick an inexpensive saw for a proof-of-concept build. Could always add some aluminum tape, or build a custom clutch cover (easier on a STIHL than a Husky).

Philbert

Motorhead

Cantre Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There's a little bit of unburned fuel mixed in with those gasses.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Should have gotten a Dolmar PS-7900!
No clogging whatsoever.

If he was trying to prove anything he should have noodled a log, not cut cookies off a stick.

I won't try this mod, I like noisy chainsaws - it's half the fun! ;)

Cobby08

I’m a face down ass up guy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think my mind is having a hard time trying to figure out what the "WTF" first... The plastic case, the fact your taking a raw fuel emitting saw and dumping it into the clutch cover full of sawdust, the amount of time wasted on this, or the fact he is worried about noodling on a MS 170...

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I give the guy credit for thinking outside of the box but the law of unintended consequences is going to bite him in the ass, just as it always does me and everybody else!
^^^ Agree...just wait until that ignition source comes along on that trapped fuel/vapor/sawdust deal he's got going on...then he'll burn midnight oil trying to overcome that. That poor little saw will look like something from NASA or off the space shuttle before he's done with it.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Heated sidecover for cold climate
Cutting even heatier when it burst into flame's for extremely cold frigid climates.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice bars i likes those bars.