High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What oil is best? and what ratio?

Bull Mountains

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
So Ben. You seem to have a very low opinion of the members of this forum. Why are you wasting your time slumming around with the "idiots" here?

To use one of the words you used to describe our members recently.
I never said all the membership are idiots.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
11:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is the same as what I used to use but instead of a road bike on the label it had a dirt bike colour of the bottle lid everything else was the same
And the oil was red .
View attachment 298502
Now it has changed to this it has a pale Goldie colour which makes it very hard to tell in Australian fuel if it's mixed my only gripe .
bit less smoke sweeter smell bloody good oil they even recommended it on their website for high performance lean tuned chainsaws.
View attachment 298504
Add 10ml per litre of Total brand oil dye bro. It'll go dark.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
11:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
7:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh, Opti 2 ............

Blue marble passed at 4:11.
Up next is.....
Schaefer's 7000 @ 6 hours and 1mn
Then golden spectro @ 6 hours 5 mn
Down goes Schaeffer's 7000......
Down goes Golden Spectro!
Its in the number one spot for length of time.

Say what you want, but @Egg Shooter has been putting oils to the test !!!

1st .......... I'd like to thank him for doing these tests
2nd ......... You can agree or disagree with his testing procedure(s) or methods, I DARE you to do better
3rd .......... Personal preference has NOTHING to do with these results, so if'n you are butthurtt, get some ointment for it and a roll of papertowels to cry in
4th .......... Oil preference is just that, each ones preference for what they like or desire, I know what oil I'm spending my hard earned cabbage on, do you ?

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What oil is that and why? Just curious.
What oil do I purchase ?
Dominator
Why ?
The list is extensive, but the number one reason is because I have seen what the insides, ALL of the insides, look like, on my own equipment. This includes the bottom end, the top end, the rings, the ring lands, the combustion chamber, the top of the piston, the spark plug, the exhaust port, the muffler, the muffler exit .......... get my point ?

All of this pales in comparison to the performance I have seen with Dominator, for example: how it holds its tune, how crisply it tunes, how it smells, and finally how it tastes, Yes, it tastes gooder than any other oil I have tasted. Those of you that actually run your saws will know what I mean about tasting oil, without drinking it, or the cool aide that you've been fed

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What oil do I purchase ?
Dominator
Why ?
The list is extensive, but the number one reason is because I have seen what the insides, ALL of the insides, look like, on my own equipment. This includes the bottom end, the top end, the rings, the ring lands, the combustion chamber, the top of the piston, the spark plug, the exhaust port, the muffler, the muffler exit .......... get my point ?

All of this pales in comparison to the performance I have seen with Dominator, for example: how it holds its tune, how crisply it tunes, how it smells, and finally how it tastes, Yes, it tastes gooder than any other oil I have tasted. Those of you that actually run your saws will know what I mean about tasting oil, without drinking it, or the cool aide that you've been fed
Got some of that here. EE17478D-6C75-489F-9FA6-C7D86D86A85E.jpeg
Good stuff. Just wish it had stabilizer in it like saber does.

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The best oil changes monthly I can't keep up.
I guess long term actual use in a chainsaw is a good test of any oil can't go wrong with that use whatever works it's only oil nothing to stress or obsess over if someone is blowing chit up nowadays it's not the oils fault that's for sure lol.
I've been having a look at best oil for vehicles on youtube omg funny stuff reading the comments. Chainsaws and oil have nothing on what is the best synthetic oil and filter for ya vehicle vids lol.

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Car dealers had an old expression...

There's an a** for every seat.
New vehicles running 0W oil- youtube full of vids of new vehicle owners asking why is my engine so rattly and noisy sounds like it's going to blow up- experts reply that's normal ignore it lol
The car industry could sell ice to eskimos...

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
New vehicles running 0W oil- youtube full of vids of new vehicle owners asking why is my engine so rattly and noisy sounds like it's going to blow up- experts reply that's normal ignore it lol
The car industry could sell ice to eskimos...
My old Ford runs 5w20, almost 200,000 miles, haven't heard any rattling yet just ticking from exhaust leak. My newer GMC runs the 0w20. I have an extended warranty on it so I will keep running it and letting the dealership change it until that runs out.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Much tighter machining processes allow for running thinner oils in newer engines.
Nop is only to meet epa emissions and better mileage due to less friction with the oil being so thin. Thin doesn't mean better engine protection especially if it's hot or actually worked hard not sure if it's in use yet? I don't actually keep up with oil and new cars but the next great epa oil is 0W 8 from car manufacturers that should be some awesome all round oil lol

Last edited:

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
6:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh, Opti 2 ............

Blue marble passed at 4:11.
Up next is.....
Schaefer's 7000 @ 6 hours and 1mn
Then golden spectro @ 6 hours 5 mn
Down goes Schaeffer's 7000......
Down goes Golden Spectro!
Its in the number one spot for length of time.

What do your numbers mean? No idea what you are talking about. Was Schaeffer's 9000 tested? Probably similar results as the 7000...

The Dominator is expensive, $120 per gallon on Amazon. Probably worth it if you cut a lot. Oil has went up; Schaeffers 9000 is up to $80/gal now, which is what I have been using. Think I paid $60-70 for a gallon last time.

I am not loyal to any brand. I have used a lot of different oils and nothing has blown up yet. No, I don't tear a saw apart to verify the oil is working like it is supposed to; you guys can do that and report your findings. I was planning on buying Schaeffers 9000 again when I needed some.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What do your numbers mean? No idea what you are talking about. Was Schaeffer's 9000 tested? Probably similar results as the 7000...

The Dominator is expensive, $120 per gallon on Amazon. Probably worth it if you cut a lot. Oil has went up; Schaeffers 9000 is up to $80/gal now, which is what I have been using. Think I paid $60-70 for a gallon last time.

I am not loyal to any brand. I have used a lot of different oils and nothing has blown up yet. No, I don't tear a saw apart to verify the oil is working like it is supposed to; you guys can do that and report your findings. I was planning on buying Schaeffers 9000 again when I needed some.
Dominator is around $12 per quart in the hardware and Yamaha dealer around me