What oil is best? and what ratio?

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
5:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Roasting some coffee are you ?? :eek::D
Tomorrow we have a lot to roast. We will ship Monday . Most of the wood cut this weekend won't be ready for at least a year or so. Talk about a long process lol
Good thing I love cutting and splitting wood.

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
any problems with that dye staining the gas tanks?

I checked the MSDS and it is Dow Chemical Automate Red IK HF. Some Googling led me to this info:

AUTOMATE RED IKHF is a single phase, liquid concentrated solvent soluble dye containing C.I. Solvent Red 164 and provided in a high flash, aromatic solvent system. The solvent is used in the product as a viscosity depressant and standardizing agent.
The product has been found to be completely miscible in all petroleum fuels, lubricating oils and many other related hydrocarbon solvents, including grease and hydraulic oils. Common applications include the coloration of lubricants such as Automatic Transmission fluids and 2 cycle oils. It has also found use in a variety of other applications including the coloration of fuels, solvents, polishes, fertilizers, explosives, adhesives and for leak detection. It can be mixed with other colors in the AUTOMATE product line to create a limitless number of shades.

It is still too early to tell but I don't forsee this staining tanks.

Last edited: