High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What is your preference for a concealed carry weapon?

MS261CM

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Who made the holster? I like it.
I found it on Amazon. The brand was listed as "MASC". Tracking showed it delayed for customs and having been imported from Turkey.
So - I have no idea who made it.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
3:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I found it on Amazon. The brand was listed as "MASC". Tracking showed it delayed for customs and having been imported from Turkey.
So - I have no idea who made it.
Thanks!
I'll see what I can find.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For those times the M&P9C won't cut it and I need something *really* reliable and practical...
IMG_0415.jpg

This guy approves!

tumblr_m291a7ZlyR1qjjzv2o1_500.png

MS261CM

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have previously posted pix of the 1970 Colt mod70 1911 that my BIL gifted me. It is a commercial gun but still special as he carried a 1911 in Vietnam as a Marine. He bought the 1911 on arrival after service.
He has some health issues and doesn't shoot these days. He is also a very generous individual and gifted me the gun.

Having a 1911 again (sold one earlier and wished I hadn't) I decided to pick up a shooter grade sample from the other side as a counterpoint. This was either built from armory parts or refurbed after WW1 to be sold on the commercial market in 30 Luger cal as that was all they were allowed to produce. This gun was likely imported to USA and later retrofitted with a 9mm barrel.
Bottom line is that guns without traceable history sell for less and this was the lowest cost P-08 I could find online. That's fine with me as I can shoot it and won't care if I ever have to replace something with a non matching part.
So far it seems to be getting along with the 1911 in the safe.
Hopeful - and not just for this that enough time has passed to heal some wounds.

For the few years between the development of these guns - I have to say the 1911 has it all over the P-08 in terms of simplicity, ergonomics and reliability.

I wouldn't carry a P-08 with a round in the pipe. The 1911 sear block thumb safety is much more positive. The series 80 is even better with the FP stop - but that's comparing to an 1898 design...

Anyhoo the holster is a range joke for my shooting buddy.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I sent the Taurus G3C barrel off to Doug Phillips for throating and recrowning, got it back friday. Yesterday I tried out some of my lead slugs under 3.5 grains Bullseye, one of my favorite loads. Function was perfect, accuracy was not good due to glare from the sun and the fact that I am still not used to the trigger on this pistol. It breaks almost all the way to the back, which causes my fat trigger finger to rub against the grip pulling me off target if I'm not careful. Also, the dot on the front sight is pretty small and my eyes don't focus on it as well as the big dot I have on my Glocks. Ameriglo makes a tritium front sight with a big dot for the G3C so I went ahead and ordered one.

If you shoot alot of lead bullets then throat and crown work is definitely something to consider. Most 9mm's have a snug throat that can shave lead bullets or not even let them chamber all the way. I had the same treatment done to the Storm Lake tubes on my Glock 19 and 26 and it is well worth it. After shooting yesterday the bore of the Taurus is clean and shiny, with just a few spots of bullet lube fouling. Doug's work is very good and reasonably priced, if you are interested in his services look him up in the vendor sponsor section of the Cast Boolits forum or PM me.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Ameriglo tritium front sight came in today. Had to drill out the screw on the old one, it was super tight. That done, the new one went on quite easily. The sight picture is way better, the bigger front dot matches the rear notch quite well. Hopefully I can try it out tomorrow.

0830211920~2.jpg

0830211920b~2.jpg

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So far I have put about 100 rounds through the Taurus with it's new front sight. The pistol is a work in progress for me. Shoots jacketed and plated quite well, point of impact is right on top of the front dot. Lead bullets don't shoot as well but I suspect that will improve as the barrel breaks in. The trigger pull seems to be getting less gritty, I also smoothed out the inside of the trigger guard with 220 sandpaper so the bottom of my finger would be less likely to drag.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, the G3C is getting lined out nicely. I tried an old favorite load, the Lee 356-120-TC over 3.5 grains Bullseye at 1.068 OAL. Clocks 950 fps in most pistols and is accurate. Turns out the G3C really likes this load. Point of impact is neatly on top of the front sight and is as accurate as anything else I have tried at 10 yards. I think I will feed it this one from now on!

0909211238.jpg

0909211248.jpg

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, the G3C is getting lined out nicely. I tried an old favorite load, the Lee 356-120-TC over 3.5 grains Bullseye at 1.068 OAL. Clocks 950 fps in most pistols and is accurate. Turns out the G3C really likes this load. Point of impact is neatly on top of the front sight and is as accurate as anything else I have tried at 10 yards. I think I will feed it this one from now on!

View attachment 308292

View attachment 308293
That don't suck at all!

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks bro. I just cast up a bunch of those bullets in fact, let me know if you'd like to try some.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last fall
I saw some taurus's at my local shop
Very inexpensive.
So I bought a g2c and a g3 and let my sister choose the one she liked
She liked the g2c the best.
Later they got a g3c in so I bought
A couple of those
I like that size and can shoot them as well as my fullsize.
No failure's of any kind in many rounds
Through them.
View attachment 296152
The GX4 subcompact was just released
It's a all new design
And trigger system.
No restrike
It externally looks like my tx .22s
View attachment 296153
I'm waiting for my shop to get a GX4
In

We just got the GX4 in at the shop. It really is not much smaller than the G3C for $100.00 less.

0911210810.jpg

0911210810a.jpg

0911210811.jpg

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been shooting the Taurus more this week and it really likes the Lee 122 grain bullets. Groups open up with the heavier slugs and the same powder charge, however maybe more powder would help. Given that it shoots so good with the Lee slugs I see no reason to worry about it. Another thing I like about this pistol is that it seems to strike primers with authority. I have been using a hard batch of old Remington 1.5 primers that produce light strikes in my other guns and the Taurus sets them off every time.

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I haven't seen a gx4 here yet
But I have no plans to buy one
My 2 g3c my sister's g2c have been perfectly reliable and accurate enough to suit me even with
With 20+ year's old 124gr competition loads for a cz75 I shot.
We just got the GX4 in at the shop. It really is not much smaller than the G3C for $100.00 less.

View attachment 308498

View attachment 308499

View attachment 308500
A friend with a gun range trains new shooters and does a lot of concealed carry classes
And keeps a g3 and g3c handy for people to try
If what they brought is malfunctioning or
Whatever.
He's had no issue's at all
In probably a couple thousand rounds.
That's more than I'll ever shoot a 9mm
But that chassis system looks interesting
I may get one eventually
Looks fun.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The GX4 does have a different feel to it, I sold two of them on Saturday. Still, I don't see a single thing about it that would make me choose it over the older models which cost less and have had most of the bugs worked out.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gave the Taurus more exercise yesterday and it is still doing good. This is one of those pistols that will really punish you for a poor trigger pull. Gradually squeeze like you are supposed to and its a laser beam. Jerk it and you're all over the place. I have arthritis and a bit of essential tremor, so this gun really encourages me to use proper technique. The squishy trigger of a Glock is more forgiving in this regard.

Mycamaro_68

By guess and by golly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you. I forgot about N8. I had looked at them a few years ago.

I currently use a kydex taco style holster that just isn't very comfortable and I had thought that leather would be a better option but I kind of like the idea of the single clip hybrid like their "Revenant"

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you. I forgot about N8. I had looked at them a few years ago.

I currently use a kydex taco style holster that just isn't very comfortable and I had thought that leather would be a better option but I kind of like the idea of the single clip hybrid like their "Revenant"
Yeah those look pretty nice. I have the OT2 combat.