High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What is your preference for a concealed carry weapon?

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
9:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A Redhawk with the Old Uncle Mike's aftermarket grip, is the best feeling big bore revolver I've ever handled. I have them on two of my Redhawks. I wish those grips were still available.
The Ruger six series revolvers are my favorite medium frame revolver. I have an older 4" stainless security six that's a joy to shoot and a pleasure to carry in a belt holster.
I had a 8” stainless Redhawk in .41 magnum about 30 yrs ago, with Uncle Mike’s grips...know exactly what you’re saying Steve. Sold the gun to one of my brothers and he still has it to this day. He knows if he ever sells it, I get first dibs.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anybody have experience with the Taurus G3C 9mm? We have them at my side job for $279.00, they use Glock compatible sights. I like the way they fit my hand and the trigger pull is surprisingly good.
Last fall
I saw some taurus's at my local shop
Very inexpensive.
So I bought a g2c and a g3 and let my sister choose the one she liked
She liked the g2c the best.
Later they got a g3c in so I bought
A couple of those
I like that size and can shoot them as well as my fullsize.
No failure's of any kind in many rounds
Through them.
Screenshot_20210521_182126.jpg
The GX4 subcompact was just released
It's a all new design
And trigger system.
No restrike
It externally looks like my tx .22s
IMG_20210520_162516.jpg
I'm waiting for my shop to get a GX4
In

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
8:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a 8” stainless Redhawk in .41 magnum about 30 yrs ago, with Uncle Mike’s grips...know exactly what you’re saying Steve. Sold the gun to one of my brothers and he still has it to this day. He knows if he ever sells it, I get first dibs.
I tried Pachmayr and Hogue but neither were as comfortable as the Uncle Mike's.
I'd like to find a 5 1/2" RH in .41M. The one below is .44M.
image.jpeg

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last fall
I saw some taurus's at my local shop
Very inexpensive.
So I bought a g2c and a g3 and let my sister choose the one she liked
She liked the g2c the best.
Later they got a g3c in so I bought
A couple of those
I like that size and can shoot them as well as my fullsize.
No failure's of any kind in many rounds
Through them.
View attachment 296152
The GX4 subcompact was just released
It's a all new design
And trigger system.
No restrike
It externally looks like my tx .22s
View attachment 296153
I'm waiting for my shop to get a GX4
In
I’m interested in the GX4 as well and how it performs.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I couldn't resist any longer and put a Taurus G3C in layaway jail. 3 mags included, Glock sights compatible, surprisingly good trigger pull: I guess there are worse ways to spend $265.00. If it likes my cast bullet loads we will have a winner!

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I couldn't resist any longer and put a Taurus G3C in layaway jail. 3 mags included, Glock sights compatible, surprisingly good trigger pull: I guess there are worse ways to spend $265.00. If it likes my cast bullet loads we will have a winner!
Nothing wrong with that...I like both my G2C and G3C.

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Either the Glock 19 when I have a little "space" or Spring Field Armory xds45 when I don't. For female?? S&W M&P Shield (9mm), nothing comes close to weight, recoil, performance at that price point :) ( My female shooting partner clicks down those steels one right after the next with one as well )

Last edited:

Larry B

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think the Six series is the ultimate evolution of the double action revolver. As good as the GP is, I think it is a step backwards in most ways.

I have a security 6 with 4" barrel in blue with a Pachmeyer grips, spring kit and trigger job. I used to shoot competition with it 30 years ago. Well over a thousand rouns through it. I also have a GP100 in 6" stainless. Nice gun but not the same love as the security 6.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My S&W 637 .38 took a swim on Sunday. I was helping dad push the boat onto the trailer and I took a tumble into the lake. The 637 was in my pocket along with two reloads and got soaked. When I got home I dried everything off as good as I could and gave the revolver some WD-40 to displace the moisture. Yesterday I took the revolver and all the ammo that got wet out for a test fire. Every round went bang like normal. Its not uncommon that my ammo gets wet, since I do most of my fishing by wading creeks. From what I can tell a brief soak doesn't affect the rounds, I guess seating the primer and crimping the case mouth waterproofs it just enough. Still, I relegate them to practice rounds just to be on the safe side.

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My S&W 637 .38 took a swim on Sunday. I was helping dad push the boat onto the trailer and I took a tumble into the lake. The 637 was in my pocket along with two reloads and got soaked. When I got home I dried everything off as good as I could and gave the revolver some WD-40 to displace the moisture. Yesterday I took the revolver and all the ammo that got wet out for a test fire. Every round went bang like normal. Its not uncommon that my ammo gets wet, since I do most of my fishing by wading creeks. From what I can tell a brief soak doesn't affect the rounds, I guess seating the primer and crimping the case mouth waterproofs it just enough. Still, I relegate them to practice rounds just to be on the safe side.

I always sealed rounds I carried on float trips with a little lacquer around the case mouth and primer. Never had one fail to fire.

HuskyHead

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
EDC a Glock 19 in a G-Code Incog(appendix) on a Alonso Defense belt. Also have a spare mag along with my ZT 0562 and miscellaneous other things.

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Either the Glock 19 when I have a little "space" or Spring Field Armory xds45 when I don't. For female?? S&W M&P Shield (9mm), nothing comes close to weight, recoil, performance at that price point :) ( My female shooting partner clicks down those steels one right after the next with one as well )

I love my S&W Shield 9mm...it eats, cycles, and shoots with great accuracy everything!!

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You should check out the new Shield plus, alot more rounds in almost the same package.
Been reading up on it.
Great reviews for sure.
I've got a few extra mags with additional capacity.
Keep her loaded with HST 147+P, with one ALWAYS in the pipe and I travel w three extra mags...just in case. LOL
18+1 in the CANIK kept close by if things get really psychotic!:2guns::chuck::chuck:

Last edited:

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bailed out the Taurus G3C and managed to put a few rounds through it today. CCI 115 grain FMJ was perfect, hitting dead on the sights and accuracy about as good as my trusty Glock 26. Decided to try my favorite reload, 3.8 grains HP-38 under a .357 134 grain lead flat point. To my delight, the rounds drop right into the chamber and don't seem to have any hangups in the leade. Accuracy was not as good as FMJ, and I noticed some mild leading upon cleaning. Could just need a few hundred FMJ rounds to break in the bore.

Anyhow, feeding and ejection was 100% and empties land in a neat pile a few feet to the right. My rounds loaded with .357 plated slugs drop into the Glock chamber easily, but feel a little more snug than I am comfortable with in the Taurus so I didnt shoot any. Next up I'm going to try some Hornady XTP reloads.

MS261CM

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For those times the M&P9C won't cut it and I need something *really* reliable and practical...
IMG_0415.jpg

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For those times the M&P9C won't cut it and I need something *really* reliable and practical...
IMG_0415.jpg
Who made the holster? I like it.