High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What is your preference for a concealed carry weapon?

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey guys,

What online site has the best or more "sane" prices for ammo?
I'm primarily looking to add some 9mm in 124 grain FMJ for the range/Pa's house & JHP for EDC.
My go to spots have been AMMOSEEK.COM - Wikiarms.com or catching Academy Sports on shipping days(although it's hit and miss also!)
Just looked @ a site and they had Federal Premium Law Enforcement 124 grain JHP for $2.70 a round!!!!:cursing::deal:

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey guys,

I'm primarily looking to add some 9mm in 124 grain FMJ for the range/Pa's house & JHP for EDC.
My go to spots have been AMMOSEEK.COM - Wikiarms.com or catching Academy Sports on shipping days(although it's hit and miss also!)
Just looked @ a site and they had Federal Premium Law Enforcement 124 grain JHP for $2.70 a round!!!!:cursing::deal:

If you find any......... It's time buy a lotto ticket.

People are paying stupid money for ammo right now. Makes me miss the late 90's early 2000's.

Steven

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you find any......... It's time buy a lotto ticket.

People are paying stupid money for ammo right now. Makes me miss the late 90's early 2000's.

Steven
It's past ridiculous Steve.
Wonder when will the fear & panic subside?:rolleyes:
AMMOSEEK.COM has proven the best and most economical...if you can apply that word to ammo these days!!lol

Last edited:

Stevetheboatguy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's past ridiculous Steve.
Wonder when will the fear & panic subside?:rolleyes:
AMMOSEEK.COM has proven the best and most economical...if you can apply that word to ammo these days!!lol

I don't get to shoot like I did when I was a late teen early 20 something. But I remember buying bricks of .22 for 5-8bucks. When I was finally old enough to buy 9mm myself. I remember it being 8-10 a box for Winchester 100rnd white box. .223 was still .40-50 a round for varmint. But heck now I haven't a clue what a good price is on things. Because we will never see prices like that again. I have to call friends that are still actively involved in shooting.

But around here it's just asinine. Retail stores are up 10-20% if you can catch it on the shelf. The last local gun shop isn't even trying to stock any. Then you have the guys that run around buying everything they can and flipping it. Those guys are getting 100+ a brick for cheap bulk .22 and 200+ for good .22 ammo. 9mm has been around $2 a round for 115gr ball and .223 if anyone dares is close to $5 a round. That's just insanity if you ask me. But people are willing to pay it. So shame on them for falling for it.

Makes me glad I don't shoot anymore. Can laugh all you want at my .357 wheel gun and 12ga but hell at least I have shells and can find them if needed. Although I do miss my 9mm sometimes it's just not at a time like this.

But If I see any 9mm I will shoot you a pm my friend
:beer-toast1:

Steven

Last edited:

Eddie Southgate

One Step Ahead Of The Law
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Southern Middle Tennessee and Hillsboro Alabama
Country flag
Hey guys,

Larry's in Huntsville and Larry's west on 565 between Madison and Decatur .

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't get to shoot like I did when I was a late teen early 20 something. But I remember buying bricks of .22 for 5-8bucks. When I was finally old enough to buy 9mm myself. I remember it being 8-10 a box for Winchester 100rnd white box. .223 was still .40-50 a round for varmint. But heck now I haven't a clue what a good price is on things. Because we will never see prices like that again. I have to call friends that are still actively involved in shooting.

But around here it's just asinine. Retail stores are up 10-20% if you can catch it on the shelf. The last local gun shop isn't even trying to stock any. Then you have the guys that run around buying everything they can and flipping it. Those guys are getting 100+ a brick for cheap bulk .22 and 200+ for good .22 ammo. 9mm has been around $2 a round for 115gr ball and .223 if anyone dares is close to $5 a round. That's just insanity if you ask me. But people are willing to pay it. So shame on them for falling for it.

Makes me glad I don't shoot anymore. Can laugh all you want at my .357 wheel gun and 12ga but hell at least I have shells and can find them if needed. Although I do miss my 9mm sometimes it's just not at a time like this.

Steven

Steven
I certainly appreciate and thanks for weighing in!

Stevetheboatguy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I certainly appreciate and thanks for weighing in!

Weighing in a little heavy...... Going to take a while to recover from thanksgiving. Darn pecan pie is my weakness.

You familiar with the flea market called trade days down your way? Just had a convo with a friend from Gadsden he had good luck finding some ammo there. Was able to haggle down the price to a more reasonable amount and no sales tax. So he's happy.

Steven

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Weighing in a little heavy...... Going to take a while to recover from thanksgiving. Darn pecan pie is my weakness.

You familiar with the flea market called trade days down your way? Just had a convo with a friend from Gadsden he had good luck finding some ammo there. Was able to haggle down the price to a more reasonable amount and no sales tax. So he's happy.

Steven
I have heard of them for sure.
I'll check with the Mrs....might be a good reason to make a trip or two.
Thanks for the tip!

Vice

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
For carry in the back pocket of a pair of jeans.

Clockwise from 12:00
NAA four shot folding revolver in .22lr
High Standard derringer in .22lr
Bauer auto in .25acp
Jennings J22 in .22lr
Astra cub in .22s
Beretta Bobcat in .22lr
Kel-Tec P3AT in .380acp
Center is a Walther PPK/S, in .380acp, shown for comparison
View attachment 48099
Certainly not the first choice for protection but better than nothing.........
My wife wants a Beretta Bobcat in 22mag

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My wife wants a Beretta Bobcat in 22mag

My uncle has a .22 Mag 4" barrel/6 shooter.
A very nasty & underestimated round for sure!
Gunsmith says a .22 Mag has more energy @ 100 yards than a .22 long does at the muzzle!

main-qimg-6a928ac2acbb9c9a10aa94290fe6fe0a

Vice

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If you haven’t shot one, it’s hard to estimate it’s power. I’ve got two s&w model 48 22 mags I dont use much. They are mostly to show off to my friends now. A friend left me a truck load of 22l ammo which I use in my Mark 2 for plinking.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last edited:

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
0BC25BA0-C0D7-4630-B38D-B97BA3ECAC40.jpeg If you fellers were gonna buy a SA Hellcat would you buy black or FDE? The black has to be ordered and will take 2 weeks, the FDE is in the store. A7F7B76F-E5F9-4967-8EB9-0E4B46C8154B.jpeg

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you want the version with the slide plate for a red dot? The standard black version is pretty easy to find here. I used to not like guns in anything but black or stainless, but I have to admit FDE is really growing on me.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you want the version with the slide plate for a red dot? The standard black version is pretty easy to find here. I used to not like guns in anything but black or stainless, but I have to admit FDE is really growing on me.
I didn’t get the red dot version. Same for me on the FDE. I have looked at this gun a few times and the more I looked at it the more I liked it. Its different and all my others are black so i went with it.

Last edited:

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 283141 If you fellers were gonna buy a SA Hellcat would you buy black or FDE? The black has to be ordered and will take 2 weeks, the FDE is in the store. View attachment 283140

I agree on the FDE. I bought a Glock 17 in FDE and have come to like it a lot.

Why would you put a Red dot sight on a short barreled concealment gun?
It adds bulk and at defensive distances seems unnecessary, at least to me.