High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

What is the easy way to clean up case halves/saws?

fin460

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I need to figure out a permanent way to counter weight it though. I have a large chunk of firewood on it for temporarily permanent. If you open the door too fast it will tip forward.

Build a 2x4 cage around it and anchor it.

fin460

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey justin I stole your idea. O wait. No i didnt. I'm cooking turkey. Lol. View attachment 3634

The picture looks like you have a turkey in a block of ice, but the temp gauge says otherwise.

I hope you don't have a few saw parts below that turkey, you know "two birds with one stone"

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think the Randy in NC uses a big US cleaner.

The Randy in Tennessee uses one.

I'd like to have an USC some day, especially large enough to put case halves in, where do you get them at and what brand?

We have this one.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Stainle...623779?hash=item5d4f505723:g:BEMAAOSw0e9U2BRF

We were killing a Harbor Freight one every 6 months or so. Plus they were really too small. I wish I had gotten one a little bigger still.

You can use simple green or purple power it works great as a degreaser

Hello Mike. :)

We use Mean Green and water 50/50

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
12:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I knew the other Randy did for sure.

Black Dog Chainsaw

Mak-Crazy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My USC isn't big enough for case halves. I finally got a 20-25gal automotive parts washer with circulating pump that goes through a stiff brush. I seriously don't miss the days of purple power and simple green in a 5gal bucket! I put a cookie rack in the bottom of my parts washer and leave the case halves in their to dry. I use the mineral spirits base cleaner b/c my shop isn't heated all year round. You can find these cheap on CL if you look for a while. Mine was $40!

Mine is a crusty beat up version like this...

eb9136d22ada8d28429200da2af934c5.jpg

If you worry about changing fluid... Don't! I use its own pump to run the top 85% of the liquid into 5gal buckets (straining it as you go). Take the last 3-4gals and mix it up with all the chunkies in the bottom strain as you pour into the last 5gal bucket. The last bucket can be reused or you can turn it into your local household hazardous waste facility for free. Usually they will pour it into a "fuels" bulk container. Anyway just top off with another 2-4 gallons and you'll be good for another 2-5 years. Repeat as necessary...

Last edited:

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
only thing i don't like about usc is that it lives in my workshop that is not heated so i have to drain it to keep it from freezing....
not the usc's fault!!!
never fails to amaze me how much crap it removes from the things that get put in it....

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have that one at work (with the knobs instead of the digital) It works excellent....
I block off the intake and exhaust and put the whole saw in for a cleaning when necessary.....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was thinking it would at least be big enough to do tank handles.
whichever one I have now is big enough for an assembled crankcase on a 660 just barely but when I wanted to celan an 044 screw tank I had to do one end and then the other and then a bit in the middle by hand

half_full

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
only thing i don't like about usc is that it lives in my workshop that is not heated so i have to drain it to keep it from freezing....
not the usc's fault!!!
never fails to amaze me how much crap it removes from the things that get put in it....
Try one of the temp controllers in the link below. I use one similar to this to control a light bulb in a cooler. It keeps my water based liquids from freezing in my shop. In extreme conditions I use it to keep my beer from freezing too. Priorities... For the USC you could build a styro board cover with a light in it or try the second link if your fluid isn't flammable.
BTW, this also makes a poor man's sous vide cooker. Google it for the best ribs you've ever cooked.

http://www.amazon.com/Willhi-Wh1436-110v-Temperature-Controller/dp/B00V4TJR00

http://www.amazon.com/Travel-Coffee...1452905256&sr=1-10&keywords=coffee+cup+heater

fin460

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I ordered the 10L trusonik off ebay tonight, I plan to use mean green and water 50/50. Anything else I need to know, how long do you soak a case, and good brushes to use to clean, any pretreating? things like this. I've never even seen an ultrasonic cleaner in person before.