Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
6:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
****not an oil brand war thread****

Specifically, what percentage drops out of suspension to lubricate, what percentage burns, and what percentage gets 2smoked? I have a theory...mainly on what gets burnt.

Last edited:

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Specifically, what percentage drops out of suspension to lubricate, what percentage burns, and what percentage gets 2smoked? I have a theory...mainly on what gets burnt.
You ask many questions but give little info on what oil your talking about. Synthetic tends not to burn. Ester is another thang. Natural blended oil burn somewhat depending on the package in them.

Zinc don't burn so rule that out.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
4:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You ask many questions but give little info on what oil your talking about. Synthetic tends not to burn. Ester is another thang. Natural blended oil burn somewhat depending on the package in them.

Yeah...and Stihl synthetic gives me headaches. Can't burn it.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I didn’t know syn doesn’t burn, interesting. We know more oil is generally more power due to better ring seal. But I wonder if it’s because it’s burning too and oil produces more energy and burns longer than gasoline...?

so then the question is, does Dino make more power than syn?

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I didn’t know syn doesn’t burn, interesting. We know more oil is generally more power due to better ring seal. But I wonder if it’s because it’s burning too and oil produces more energy and burns longer than gasoline...?

so then the question is, does Dino make more power than syn?
I'm not going to live long enough to care. My great grand kids will be like, What is a two stroke... double starters?... :elboinas:

Mkay

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
2:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
See above

These actually help folks figure stuffs out.

I was thinking the same thing,...I,m sure I will learn, as already have .. hopefully it will not lead to the what oil is best unstuffs thread..

Btw I probably should have used different emojis

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
2:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think Ive read Huskies require a better quality oil than stihl, according to the manual iirc Because they Rev higher ?

what is the jaso rating all about. ..

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Way I see it, in my equipment, is if there is some oily residue coming out the muffler you aren't burning it all no matter the oil type. I run full synthetic. In some equipment there is zero coming out the muffler and they are dry inside the muff as well. Others, like my 2511T, that is on and off the throttle all the time gets a little out the muffler. So you can have full burning of the oil or not. Depends on the machine, how its used, the tune, how much it idles.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Maxima has a cool oil migration chart on their site. You should look that up. Its another facet to this.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s a full vs dino thing as to whether they burn completely or not. That’s more a product of heat than anything.

Nor does the fd rating mean they’re worth a sh!t or not
Im also guilty of extra idle time on all my saws after use to get max oil in the crankcases because it could be months before I make my way back around to them again. This will get me some minor slobber out the muff on warm up next usage but not excessive with the oil I use. I'm ok with a bit. I tune pretty sharp so a few long cuts take care of it.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t think it’s a full vs dino thing as to whether they burn completely or not. That’s more a product of heat than anything.

Nor does the fd rating mean they’re worth a sh!t or not
Heat n compressions methinks

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im also guilty of extra idle time on all my saws after use to get max oil in the crankcases because it could be months before I make my way back around to them again. This will get me some minor slobber out the muff on warm up next usage but not excessive with the oil I use. I'm ok with a bit. I tune pretty sharp so a few long cuts take care of it.
I’d rather have the slobber. I know that opinion isn’t popular, but that’s the sign of excess oil being blown out the muffler