High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What decent trimmer head will fit Shindaiwa T282?

Fightinggoat

OPE Member
Local time
6:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I bought an older T282, it has a stupid head on it now with cam locks where you insert three lines and it doesn’t hold them well.

I want a bump feed and bought what I thought was a newer Husky T 35 from tractor supply, it says it’s universal and fits echo as well as others, but it’s made to thread onto a stud, my T282 uses a left handed thread bolt, so that won’t work unless I can find some conversion stud or a much longer special bolt.

My question is, what trimmer head should I be looking for that will fit this trimmer without hunting down odd sized parts?

Is it worth trying a cheap Amazon China speed feed head, or is it like almost everything else that costs less than half of what it should that China clones and sells on the internet?

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My guess was going to be the T-35 head but since you’ve tried it, I have no clue. Sounds like google time...

Fightinggoat

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Goo
My guess was going to be the T-35 head but since you’ve tried it, I have no clue. Sounds like google time...
I have been googling, but seems the last couple years, most searches only turn up shopping links and adverts, not information but sales pitches.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Echo speed feed head all the way. Got one on my Shindaiwa T242 and its great.

Fightinggoat

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Bought a speed feed 450 clone cheap and it came with the proper adapters.
The cheap head actually works as it should, just don’t know for how long, it feels fairly solid.